Re: How do I do family events with elder sims?

by Moderkakan16

Original Post

How do I do family events with elder sims?

★★★★★ Apprentice

Today I retired two sims for the first time, and promoted their grown children. Now they're pottering around with these family event icons above their heads but whenever I tap on them all I get is the normal relationship options. How do I get the family event to appear?

Message 1 of 9 (65,765 Views)

★★★★ Novice
I have the same problem! Ive got a quest “Complete a mentoring session with an older one” (or sth like that, I dont play in English) but I cant find how to do!
Message 2 of 9 (65,744 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
Do your playable sims have a career or hobby? It is a requirement for such events.
Message 3 of 9 (65,687 Views)

★★★★ Guide
the sim u choose to do the event with the retired sim, has to also have the same career or hobby the retired sim had, then it should become an option.
Message 4 of 9 (65,649 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice
No, they don't have to have the same career or hobby.

I've been doing events with my retired elders and my selected sim doesn't necessarily have the same career or hobby like the elder.

I have attached a picture to prove it. Okay, I lack some screenshots. But my retired elder is a former doctor and a guitarist.

Btw, I noticed that mentoring events is usually accessible by a relative. If not, I check if my selected sim has a hobby or career. I also introduce the sim to the elder without starting a relationship story to be able to select such events in some cases.
Message 5 of 9 (65,624 Views)

★★★★★ Pro
Thank you @sweedeypy . Mine doesn’t have that family thing above his head but no one in the house has the same hobby or career. I can fix that! Thanks again 🌹
Message 6 of 9 (62,363 Views)

★★★★★ Pro
@sdtabot So just keep chatting with the older Sim until an event is available? Thank you! 🌹
Message 7 of 9 (62,360 Views)

Champion (Retired)

They don't have to have had the same hobby or career. The Mentoring Event pops up just like the Toddler and Child Events pop up. It just happens. Usually one day it's for a Hobby Mentoring Event and the next time it's for a Career Mentoring Event. At least that's the way it always happened for me. 😊

Message 8 of 9 (62,351 Views)

★ Novice
I get the bubble over the elders head but when I click on it there is no event option to press, and yes, my sim have both a hobby and a job. Help 😫
Message 9 of 9 (35,617 Views)