Re: How come I can't get my mother and teenage son sims to get along?

by beeke404

Original Post

How come I can't get my mother and teenage son sims to get along?

★ Apprentice

I swear I'm talking about my Sims 4 characters. Not a real life family problem. lol Anyway, I have this mother and teenage son sims who I want to get along with each other but lately every time they talk, it ends with either anger, awkwardness, boredom, and annoyed. I realize that symbolizes a normal relationship with a parent with their teenage kid but the problem is, every time they talk, their relationship meter goes down and I really want these specific mother and teenage sims to have a friendly relationship and not suddenly despise each other. I also would like it if the teenager would not get a "familial distress" moodlet every time he and his mom or other family members are in the same room together. The only time I've been able to increase their bond is this mod that allows sims to tuck the other sim in while sleeping at any age and not just toddler and child. I think there may be a few others but for the most part when they have conversations with each other, they don't get along.

Message 1 of 5 (1,367 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

You need to control the conversation and only select from the friendly options until they have built up friendship. Once friendship is built up to a good level their autonomous chats will tend to be friendly too. Helping with school projects gives a nice boost as does watching stars (skies) without you having to control them the entire time.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 5 (1,349 Views)

★ Apprentice
But they already have a friendly relationship. That's what I'm so confused about. Even though they have a high friendship meter (mainly due to cheats), they won't get along.
Message 3 of 5 (1,339 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This probably may have something to do with their traits, for example, if the mother, and even the teenage sim too, has a trait to be moody, angry or evil, which enables her to do things that the teenage sim may not like, or embarrass him in the game (and real life too) :D. Or it just has something to do with a glitch or a problem in the game system. Try to make them go to some events together, as a family, in the hopes that they might find the link between them.

Message 4 of 5 (1,326 Views)

★ Apprentice
Yeah my mother sim is evil but she's also family oriented if that makes any difference. lol
Message 5 of 5 (1,312 Views)