Re: Unable to move rugs after placing it

by MizzMalcontent74

Original Post

Re: How can i change and move my floor decorations?!

★★★ Novice
Yeeeeeeessssss!!!!
It worked!!!
Thank you so so so so muuuuuchhhhh!!!😆😆😆
Message 11 of 30 (65,590 Views)

Re: How can i change and move my floor decorations?!

EA app Team
Yay! Glad to read that, @kianbahadori. Standard smile Happy decorating!
Message 12 of 30 (65,582 Views)

Rugs

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims Mobile
Platform:Android Phone
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) OnePlus 3G
OS Version 5.0.3
Player ID: (Find your Player ID in Sims Mobile: https://help.ea.com/help/the-sims/the-sims-mobile/find-your-player-id-in-the-sims-mobile ) Maistro
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? In the building tool, no objects van be placed on rugs. Also, if you hold a rug and swipe upwards to move, it doesn't work. So you can't move your already placed rugs.
What do you expect to see? I expect to be able to move and delete rugs and to place tables on rugs.
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region Europe
Country
Additional feedback

Hi, i have a problem with my rugs. I can't move or delete them nor can i put tables on the rugs.
Message 13 of 30 (65,614 Views)

Re: Rugs

EA app Team

Hi @Mairixt,

Sorry for the wait there, but let me try to help!

If you are in Live mode and tap and hold over a rug, game will go into Build mode but rug won't be selected. Now that you are in Build mode, please, try to tap and hold again. That should select the rug for you to be able to move or store it Standard smile

This happens because while in Live mode, holding and tapping the ground sends you to Build mode.

However, you should be able to place objects on top of rugs (except for the yoga mat, as your Sims need to use the mat).

Could you share a screenshot or let us know the name of the object you are having issues to place on top of a rug? Also, which is the name of the rug?

Thank you!

-Mai

Message 14 of 30 (65,556 Views)

Unable to move rugs after placing it

★ Novice

Product: The Sims Mobile
Platform:Apple iPhone
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) Iphone8 Plus
OS Version 11.2.6
Player ID: (Find your Player ID in Sims Mobile: https://help.ea.com/help/the-sims/the-sims-mobile/find-your-player-id-in-the-sims-mobile ) 1003524575295
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try placing a rug..Any rug, and see if you can move it to another location.
What do you expect to see? Being able to move carpet rugs to different parts of the room
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region North America
Country US
Additional feedback When clicking on rug, Collections tab comes up. Home Item Collections, Career Collections, and Hobby Collections.

I am unable to move rugs to different locations in my house. Buying a rug due to being part of a mission, and then placing it, and not being able to move it.

Thanks!

Message 15 of 30 (65,571 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@SnuggleBunny972

Can you try first opening build mode, then holding down on the rug to see if you can collect it?

Message 16 of 30 (65,546 Views)

★ Apprentice

@SnuggleBunny972@Mairixt@EA_Mai  Here's the simple solution....

So here I want to move my green bubble rug.

Screenshot_2018-03-08-19-10-44.png

But when I click on it the Collections menu pops up. All you have to do is close the Collections menu, as circled in pink and shown with the arrow. When it minimizes, the area you want to change is still active and you can move the rug. This also works when you have a table or something on top of it.

Screenshot_2018-03-08-19-10-53.jpg

As you can see here, the Collections menu is hidden, and I am able to select the rug no problem. Hope this helps.

Screenshot_2018-03-08-19-11-16.png

Message 17 of 30 (69,560 Views)

★ Novice

OMG!! Thank you sooo much!!! It worked!! Thank you for showing that...

Message 18 of 30 (65,472 Views)

★ Apprentice
You're very welcome! It was driving me crazy too!
Message 19 of 30 (65,417 Views)

Can’t move rugs around

★★★ Newbie

I can’t seem to move my rugs around (e.g. the half moon rug) or even change their colours. I’ll click over the object as I would with the rest of the furniture but it just comes up with the “Collections” menu. Is anyone else having this issue or knows how to resolve it?

Message 20 of 30 (62,866 Views)