How broken is Dream Home Decorator and My wedding stories?

by siirysiir

Original Post

How broken is Dream Home Decorator and My wedding stories?

★★ Pro

So if I were to get one of these packs, which one is less broken?

What issues do you have with the wedding pack and DHD?

Thanks so much if you can help me decide!

Message 1 of 5 (569 Views)

Re: How broken is Dream Home Decorator and My wedding stories?

★ Guide

I've got both packs but only played the Wedding pack. With this pack there seems to be a lot to organise for a wedding, much like real life. If you enjoy big and detailed sim weddings then you would probably enjoy this pack a lot. Personally, I prefer a more low-key sim wedding, otherwise I get too stressed out. lol There is also a new world where you sims can honeymoon. 

I recently had a couple sim travel to Tartosa to get married and let's just say it was an experience. They were married at one of the existing EA wedding venues and now I feel like I should have done a test wedding before the actual real wedding because nothing really went well and I did not realise there was so many new wedding interactions included in this pack. My sim couple ended up exchanging their vows and then all of a sudden they were married. There was no exchanging of rings which I thought was odd because usually at a wedding you exchange vows and then the rings. It could have been that I did not have a celebrant to marry them maybe that's why they didn't exchange the rings. 

I feel that this pack does had more to the game and I got it for that reason, as well as the new world. But I think EA might have made getting married a little too complicated. lol The world is nice, in the right lighting and on a sunny day, but there is not much to do there unless your sim is preparing to/getting married or maybe having a lazy, relaxing vacation. Some of the new clothing is really nice though, lovely new long dresses and smart looking suits. 

Message 2 of 5 (483 Views)

Champion

As a builder, I love the content in both. I don't (quite) regret purchasing them because of that (except maybe just a tiny bit) because it's all nicely designed (you just can't play it, cough).

I absolutely love the world that comes with MWS, it's stunning. I'm not so fussed about creating weddings but I love that it captures the light tones and hues of the Mediterranean beautifully. The build content is really lovely....however I was having problems with my game already and after building a beautiful house as soon as my Sim tried to walk her dog they both started doing a twirl in the middle of the street and got stuck. At that point I wished I'd waited to buy it and hurled a few choice words at the screen.

With DHD, again I really loved the content. I like the career but it is buggy. Decorating clients are awkward even if you do exactly what they want and apartments that are locked are tricky to decorate when you can't get in. It also brings a slotting problem to the game which can affect content from other packs. DHD furniture and shelving randomly puts itself into the household inventory on loading and travelling and other displays, like the wand cases from RoM are affected for me. So you can create a lovely walk in wardrobe but you might have to keep putting it all back from build mode when you've travelled.

The good news is, they are aware of the issues and we hope for fixes.

It just takes a fair bit of patience to play either pack. But if you are a builder they certainly have their merits. It also depends on your platform as I'm on console so can't mod my way out of the frustration and have to rely on swearing and switching it off instead. I found that MWS was a bit of a turning point for my game and has left me really only able to build. So I chose to take a break instead until it's fixed. So I'd say to anyone on console with a lot of bugs (I had dozens already) that for me MWS was the last straw.

I don't work for EA. I'm a Volunteer.
+XP for helpful answers from fellow players.
Accept as Solution helps others find the answer.
Message 3 of 5 (440 Views)

★★ Pro

Thank you so much @simsplayer818  and @simmemoirs for your replies! At least I'm a pc player and I already use a ton of mods that fix the broken game but yeah we shouldn't need to rely on the modders to make the game playable... With DHD not adding a new world I really think they should get the career working flawlessly because it just seems a lot less compered to other game packs for not having a world with it. :/

Message 4 of 5 (376 Views)

Champion
@siirysiir Yes you're right about that. The most frustrating thing about DHD is that it's got so much potential. It's the pack I've been wanting, it reminds me of the old Sims 2 IKEA. I'd been hoping they'd do an IKEA pack for Sims 4 and then this came along. If it was fixed it would be awesome...but don't we say that a lot on here lol.
I don't work for EA. I'm a Volunteer.
+XP for helpful answers from fellow players.
Accept as Solution helps others find the answer.
Message 5 of 5 (374 Views)