Re: How Do I Make Or Get A Slide To Use On Microscope In Science Career?

by Cteiss1227

Original Post

How Do I Make Or Get A Slide To Use On Microscope In Science Career?

★★★ Apprentice

I know this isn't a technical issue, or at least I don't think so, but I have been playing a sim who has the Science Career, and one of the things the job keeps asking my sim to do is analyze a crystal,fossil or plant sample on the microscope, but all the parts for that are always grayed out! It says I am missing a slide of which ever of the 3 things I am wanting to look at on the microscope! 

Now I have checked the analyzer thing, I got a cutting from a plant all kinds of stuff, and I still can't see how I am supposed to get a slide of the plants, crystals or fossils! And do have plenty plants and crystals to use as well as metals too! But I don't understand how I am supposed to make a slide to use with the microscope! 

I know its probably just something I am missing, over looking, but I could really use the help on this!

I wanted to just put it on the forum, since this isn't a tech problem, but now there doesn't really seem to be a place for just getting simple how to game help, now we are stuck with being brought here every time we need help with a simple thing, I am sure one of the other players could have helped me quickly and I would be having to bother you tech guys on something less techy  and probably more just something I am missing, not seeing, in the game! 

You guys need a simple game help area on the forum now, for asking " how to " questions!  

Message 1 of 5 (45,334 Views)

Hero

Hi @claramj

moved your post to the game info forum :D

You'll need to collect a Microscope Samples first. You can do so from several objects but you'll need logic skill.

• Crystals (Level 8)
  • Fossils (Level 7)
  • Plants (Level 2)

It's an option you'll get on those objects once you reached the right skill level.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 5 (45,323 Views)

★★ Novice
@crinrict For Crystals he easiest way to do this have a crystal in your inventory, place it on the ground and click on it. If you've got high enough logic level 'collect microscope sample' comes up as an option.
Message 3 of 5 (44,611 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Newbie
@Arthur_Curious Ur answer is way more helpful
Message 4 of 5 (38,155 Views)

Community Manager

Hi all,

Since this is an old thread that's been inactive for a couple years I am going to lock it to prevent necro-posting. 

If you need some help with a similar issue please feel free to create a new thread. 

Kent.png
Message 5 of 5 (27,297 Views)