Re: Household no longer appears on account.

by zyxcba101

Original Post

Household no longer appears on account.

★★★ Newbie

About a month or two ago I downloaded the Sims on my computer and devoted quite a bit of time toward one of my save files. My computer completely broke down out of the blue a week ago so I borrowed my sister's computer (she doesn't really use it), downloaded Origin using the same account that I had registered the Sims on beforehand, but none of my files are there. It's as if I've started the game anew. I looked up ways to get the household back and all the responses have said to transfer the save file from the old computer to the new one using an external drive which I can't do because my computer broke. Is there a way to get it back without using that method, or will I have no choice but to start over again? I'm ok with doing the latter, but again I've devoted a lot of time toward the one save file and its frustrating to think that all that progress was for nothing. 

Message 1 of 6 (415 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Just to clarify in case anyone sees and responds to this, the sims that I had are not in the gallery. I thought I saved them to my library but they don't appear there either.
Message 2 of 6 (414 Views)

Champion (Retired)

You can go to a professional and see if something can be rescued from the HDD of the computer. Chances are that it will be too expensive though.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 3 of 6 (396 Views)

★★★ Newbie

yes, unfortunately it is too expensive. At any rate, I appreciate the suggestion and your time. 

Message 4 of 6 (378 Views)

★★★★ Novice
if you used cc then you may have to click on the custom content link in the gallery to find the family you created. If you updated the gallery with the progress of skills every so often then you may not lost much progress.
Message 5 of 6 (347 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@V8CuckooFlower 

You missed the part where it was stated that they were not uploaded to the Gallery.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 6 of 6 (344 Views)