House building

by d4rkpink

Original Post

House building

★★★★★ Apprentice

I was wondering if the Sims 4 is going to get a building options update of some sort in the future. Seeing as compared to Sims 3 it's severely lacking in options.

Maybe this question has been long answered, but I thought I'd ask anyway.

Cheers =]

Message 1 of 15 (878 Views)

Re: House building

Champion

@d4rkpink, we don't know for sure how much will be added, but it has been confirmed that octagonal roofs are being added to TS4 with the Cats & Dogs pack coming in November. Standard smile  Perhaps more building options/tools will be added too, but we don't know.  Also, it is unclear if the roofs will be made available through an update just prior to the release of the Cats & Dogs pack, or if we will have to purchase the pack to get the roofs. (But I'm going to buy Cats & Dogs no matter what!)CatDogHeart

You are not alone in wanting more building options.  While it is easier to build in TS4 (which I love) it doesn't have as many options as TS3 (which I wish it had!) At any rate, octagonal roofs are really needed to make a proper Victorian house so I'm happy for that!  Now we just need L-shaped stairs, spiral stairs, curved staircases, and split-levels! Raised eyebrow

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 2 of 15 (855 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@PugLove888

Split levels can be done using a foundation on parts of the house. I have one house like this I got from the Gallery. I am not much of a builder myself preferring to get something from the Gallery and then modify it to suit me.

I think that the new roofs will be only in the Cats & Dogs expansion because it likely needs the higher minimum specs that comes with that.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 3 of 15 (848 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@jpkarlsen, I have found one house in the Gallery that has a "sunken" kitchen of sorts that could be regarded as a split-level Standard smile , but I was not able to replicate this.  I also tried to make my childhood friend's split-level house (it was awesome! Cool ) but couldn't even get close to making the levels right.  It was a 3 level house (not counting the attic) were the topmost floor was on top of the bottom floor, with the middle floor connecting them so you entered the house from the South (where the master bedroom and study were), went up a half staircase to dine and watch TV in the North part of the house, and went up another half-staircase were the children sleep in the top floor on the South side of the house!  I'm also unable to make the Town-house my Uncle used to have nor could I make my college friend's split-level house. Frown

I've also seen many posts from builders wishing they could make proper split-levels.  I suppose some split-levels can be made, like the one I found on the Gallery, but my guess is not only are they very difficult to do, I think some types of split-levels are impossible. 

Thanks for the info that the new octagonal roofs will probably be in the actual Cats 7 Dogs expansion! 

If you know any info on split-levels on the Gallery, please share! Heart

Message 4 of 15 (839 Views)

Champion (Retired)

If you in the Gallery search for split-level you will get something to look at. However the possibilities are not that great currently. Maybe a future expansion will add better support for split level houses.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 5 of 15 (828 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I would really like to see the return of landscaping tools as well. Being able to build a house into a hill or similar greatly appeals to me =]

Message 6 of 15 (820 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@jpkarlsen , thank you! Standard smile

@d4rkpink, yes, many people want the return of landscaping tools! Heart Landscaping tools would also make building some types of split-level house much easier as well. Wink Also,. I miss terraced lots, and I really miss being able to make your own little pond to fish in!

Message 7 of 15 (805 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Fishing ponds can be done with a mod or cheats bb.showhiddenobjects and bb.moveobjects Basically place some fountain water and a fishing sign and you are good to go.

Here is a video on how to create a natural looking pond:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1_CDBvVtw8

Message 8 of 15 (792 Views)

EA app Team

Hi builders! Wink

Speaking about octogonal roofs... have you seen this screenshot SimGuruHouts shared?:

roofs.jpg

Message 9 of 15 (782 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@EA_MaiVery nice! No word yet on the terrain tools though? Wink

Message 10 of 15 (776 Views)