Add horses to sims 4!

by ClaireLune77

Original Post

Add horses to sims 4!

★★★ Newbie

I was hoping that after cats and dogs was release, EA would hopefully announce a horse pack for the sims 4. One of the things i loved about sims 3 were the horses, hopefully EA adds horses to TS4.

Message 101 of 114 (1,117 Views)

Sims4 equestrian life

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Wouldn’t it be nice to build your own equestrian estate? Fancy Stables and pastures, ponds and even an arena? It would be so fun to do that! I know it’s a lot to bring in horses to the game but it would be an amazing pack or expansion to have! But I think there are a lot of people out there who would agree, an equestrian based pack would be awesome. 

I love building in the game and I have always wanted to build a cool stable with an amazing western ranch style house to go with it. 

Message 102 of 114 (1,025 Views)

Re: Horses in the sims 4

★ Guide

I remember horses in TS3 and when they announced it I was so excited. Back then I had a horse in real life so being able to play horse's in the sims was pretty cool! I built my dream stud farm (well the best one I could build) and went all out in creating the horses, giving them proper competing names. But the gameplay wasn't that great, lets say the horses looked clunky when you rode them, not to mention random horses would wander all around town. The concept sounds great but in theory I think horses in TS4 would be about the same as n TS3 and I do not believe they would had much to the already full to the brim gameplay.

Message 103 of 114 (1,002 Views)

Re: Add horses to sims 4!

★★★★ Apprentice

I really hope they put Horses in The Sims 4 I Love Horses why can't EA/Origin give the people what they want they can even add Cows , Goat's , Sheep , and a New Job as a Farmer where you can work on farm with all Different types of Animals you can even get Fresh Milk from Cows or even Goat Milk

Message 104 of 114 (967 Views)

Add horses/ Farm Animals to Sims 4!

★★★★ Apprentice

I really hope they put Horses in The Sims 4 I Love Horses why can't EA/Origin give the people what they want they can even add Cows , Goat's , Sheep , and a New Job as a Farmer where you can work on farm with all Different types of Animals you can even get Fresh Milk from Cows or even Goat Milk

Message 105 of 114 (967 Views)

Re: Add horses/ Farm Animals to Sims 4!

★★★ Guide

Its a mystery really. They gave chickens, cats & dogs essentially free reigh over the entire lot but cows and lamas are fixed and cant leave the barn. All they had/have to do is give cows and lamas the same features and let us contain them with fences. But when we asked we only hear silence or "something something budget". Truly disappointing.

Message 106 of 114 (948 Views)

Champion

One of the reasons I've seen for not adding horses is the lack of an open world to give the space for riding a horse. It's one of the same reasons I've seen for not adding cars. But in answer to that, it didn't stop them adding bikes.

I've said this before when discussing ways to make adding horses simple and achievable. I don't see why they couldn't be added the same way llamas have been added. It would have been much more realistic for CoL. Fair enough we'd want to ride the horses and couldn't, but I'd compromise on just having them added with an animal shed in the design of a stable. It seems so obvious to me as a solution. I think they've missed a trick. Even if we couldn't ride them we could still groom and interact with them and create equestrian builds. Adding them this way removes some of those barriers I keep hearing about. It's not a perfect solution but it's an acceptable compromise in my opinion and something I'd settle for happily. Or add the option to ride them and use a wormhole or take us to a different screen where we see the horse running round completing a course and then when it's done, return us to our home lot.

They were added to Sims Freeplay quite simply so when Sims 4 is kind of the flagship Sims project it still baffles me that we don't have them. Surely it was a lot more complex adding werewolves and gift giving bunnies.

I don't work for EA. I'm a Volunteer.
+XP for helpful answers from fellow players.
Accept as Solution helps others find the answer.
Message 107 of 114 (932 Views)

★★★ Guide

There is a mod for horses, has been for two years. The animations arent optimal but its good and adds what horse fans are looking for. Players create what the devs refuse to create. I still cant wrap my head around that.

Which is weird because some features to the game came from "hobby projects" from some devs. They seem to have given up on that completely.

Message 108 of 114 (918 Views)

Champion
@Zasz_Zerg Another thing us console players miss out on. We didn't get them in Sims 3 either.
I kind of wish I hadn't switched from PC to console during Sims 3.😞
I don't work for EA. I'm a Volunteer.
+XP for helpful answers from fellow players.
Accept as Solution helps others find the answer.
Message 109 of 114 (905 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

yes I agree they can make open early with Wild Forest with Wild Horses you can catch and tame or Make a New Map for Animals and Wild Animals with 

Message 110 of 114 (882 Views)