Re: Holiday event timing

by theresebelivets

Original Post

Holiday event timing

★ Guide

I’ve been loving all the events lately but I have a suggestion for the future that I’ve heard from others as well. The majority of the holiday events we get start only a few days before the holiday itself, meaning they end after the holiday. With the time it takes to earn and/or purchase rewards, this means that we don’t get all the holiday-specific items until the holiday itself is over. 

This affects how I decorate my house in-game because I can’t always decorate it the way I want until after the holiday is over. It’s frustrating to get all sorts of cool holiday-specific items and only be able to use them after they aren’t as relevant. IRL I usually decorate my house at least a week or so in advance depending on the holiday so it’d be nice if my Sims could have the same, with events starting earlier so the house can be decorated on the holiday and not after. 

This has happened with Halloween, Harvestfest, Winterfest, and Valentine’s day, and will also be affecting Easter if we end up getting an event for it.

Message 1 of 3 (467 Views)

@theresebelivets I agree. Passed the feedback on! Luckily we're past a year now and we'll have a lot of decorations before the holidays! 

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 2 of 3 (390 Views)

★ Guide

@Phantomlover1717 Thank you!

Yes, it’s good for players who have been around the whole year but the inventory complicates things and new players don’t have the same luck. I hope they will be receptive Standard smile

Message 3 of 3 (368 Views)