Re: 'Holiday Items' Category gone with june 3rd patch?

by wyvern791

Original Post

'Holiday Items' Category gone with june 3rd patch?

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Here's an oddity I noticed with the newest patch:

There's no more 'holiday item' category when a holiday rolls around. I couldn't find anything regarding this in the patch notes, so, is it a bug or by design?

Message 1 of 6 (641 Views)

"Holiday Items" Build Mode category missing during an active holiday

★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
PlatformPC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time I've checked Build Mode during a holiday
What is your current game version number? 1.63.134.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? University, Island Living, Seasons, Pets, City Living, Get Together, Get to Work, Realm of Magic, Strangerville, Jungle Adventure, Vampires, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat, Toddler Stuff, Movie Hangout, Spooky Stuff, Perfect Patio, Luxury Party, and the free Holiday Celebration pack and Grim's Ghoulish Guitar.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Load into any household with an active Holiday (Christmas, Halloween, Thanksgiving, New Year's Day, whatever), especially one with specific items tied to them (e.g. Christmas tree, Pumpkin Carving Station, Garden Gnomes, etc.) Go into Build Mode. Up until the June 3, 2020 update/patch, there was a Sort by Function category that appeared during an active holiday called "Holiday Items" that would contain all items related to that holiday. After that update though, that category is completely gone, even with a holiday active.

What do you expect to see? I expect to see that Item category when going into build mode during a holiday, like I have 100% of the time since I got Seasons in December 2018.

Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? I use a little bit of CC (just a few pieces of clothing and a few hair styles), but I checked Build Mode with CC disabled and the Holiday Items category was still missing.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? I'm guessing this started happening with the June 3, 2020 update, but I didn't play hardly at all during the month of May, so if there was an update in May, it could have started then.

This issue is more of an inconvenience rather than a full-on bug, but it's still really annoying. At this point in my save, just about all of my households have certain holiday items (Christmas Tree, Pumpkin Carving Station, etc.) in their household inventory for when the appropriate holiday comes around. The last few times I've played the game though since the June 3 update, when I go into build mode to purchase said holiday items for the households that didn't have them yet, the "Holiday Items" sort category was missing from the "Sort by Function" list when it had been there every time before now while a holiday was active . . . now that I think about it, the category would be there the day before the holiday, not just the day of. The items are still available to purchase of course, but it now requires me to either use the search bar (which is fine, but kind of annoying to me for some reason) or scour the different categories trying to find the item I'm looking for, rather than just clicking the "Holiday Items" category and finding what I'm looking for immediately.

Message 2 of 6 (663 Views)

Re: "Holiday Items" Build Mode category missing during an active holid

★ Guide

yes it was the june patch and not cc or mods, it happened in my game too,i dont use cc or mod, it had to do with them reorganizing certain items in new categories, they forget about certain pack features, i relied on the category as well right when that sim hr struck 6am, time put up the reefs, holloween decor, what where's the category

Message 3 of 6 (645 Views)

Champion

@MeltingPenguins I also don't see a category in Build & Buy for Holiday Items. Honestly, I don't remember if it had it's own category, but if it did I don't see it now. The way I can find them is by searching 'holiday' or looking for holiday items under different categories. I can see where this would be frustrating if you enjoyed using the category to look for them.

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 4 of 6 (572 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@SheriGR 

The holiday items sort only shows if you click the "Show Holiday Items" popup you get the day before and used to stay until the holiday was over. Now it immediately disappear if you close build mode. This appears to be a bug.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 5 of 6 (558 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

I will say, before the category went missing, I almost never clicked the "Show Holiday Items" on the popup, and I still had the category every time I went into Build Mode between popup and the end of the actual holiday.

ETA: when I say "almost never," what I mean is that aside from the very first time a holiday showed up for me after I got Seasons, I literally never clicked that button on the popup.

Message 6 of 6 (524 Views)