Re: Here's the Deal EA

by A937113

Original Post

Here's the Deal EA

★★★ Newbie

Ok so just to be clear this is not intended to attack, complain, or discredit EA or the Sims Team. 

Alright, so 1st things 1st. While all of us love the idea of wants and fears we still would like to hear any and all news about the system. Whether or not it's bad. Sim Guru George, we love all that you are doing for the High School Years expansion but we still want to know about the wants and fears for other packs. While if the answer is a no we will be disappointed, we are becoming disappointed that you will not tell us a straight yes or no answer. The transparency you promise is not being met. 

Next, I would like to address the incest wants that many players are having. While wants and fears are an amazing system and idea, sims wanting to kiss or ask out their family members is NOT ok. We love that you've added this aspect back into the game but it's not okay to have things like this happen in the game. 

We simmers love the Sims 4! Don't let us down with things like this! 

Message 1 of 5 (391 Views)

Community Manager

@j4wh2zc5nsvg wrote:

Next, I would like to address the incest wants that many players are having. While wants and fears are an amazing system and idea, sims wanting to kiss or ask out their family members is NOT ok. We love that you've added this aspect back into the game but it's not okay to have things like this happen in the game. 

Heya @j4wh2zc5nsvg 

This is also very troubling for us and @SimGuruNick has addressed this as such on Twitter here.

We're doing everything we can to resolve this as quickly as possible. 

EACade
Message 2 of 5 (361 Views)

★★★★ Expert

@EA_Cade 

Yeah, with an 8 year old game you've got to have a HUGE codebase and a lot of technical debt, but the romance between Sims who should not be able to have romance seems to be a recurring issue. Like, the issue first started showing up in 2014 and 2015 and no matter how many times you try to fix it...

I can only assume that your incest checks are a lot more complicated than they seem.

Thank you for addressing the issue. As someone who's had the "children walk in and join a conversation and suddenly are romantically involved with their parents" issue bite them more than once, it's deeply upsetting and yet I do believe that you would fix it if you knew precisely what was causing it.

Message 3 of 5 (326 Views)

★ Guide

And might I add... a cool down timer for fears would be good. My Sim gets over his fear if a dead end job  comes home one or two workdays later and has the same fear again. Also it's all my Sims! This fear happens way too much. It's repetitive, boring and not individual enough. It needs a lit of tuning. 

Gotta say though having 7 working adults I  my home atm because of a challenge. And that makes it even more annoying. 

Message 4 of 5 (232 Views)

★★ Guide

I mean...the problem that causes the incest bug has been present for a while now. I've been battling this issue in my game for nearly a year. The wants/fears system triggered a flaw that was already there. Parts of the code that shouldn't be accessible for autonomy execution and for the wants/fears system are still accessible for whatever reason. Exclusion criteria has not been properly set.

I posted about this on the forums a while before this patch came out and tried to raise a red flag about the incest issue because I figured this would happen, but...my post got removed for being "inappropriate" 

I'm sorry for all of the players who are having to be subjected to this. I empathize with you wholeheartedly. 

Message 5 of 5 (210 Views)