Re: Help!

by Jms8601979

Original Post

Help!

★★★ Novice

I am trying to download furniture CC but every time I do it never shows up in my game! Can you please tell me what’s wrong? I really want to play with better furniture!

Message 1 of 12 (635 Views)

Champion

Hi @Jms8601979 !  In your game options, go to the Other tab and check box next to Enable Custom Content and Mods.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Please help other players:
Add XP to posts you think are helpful.
Click Accept As Solution for posts that resolve your issue.
Happy Simming!

Message 2 of 12 (602 Views)

★★★ Novice
@JonaO703 I will try that! But my clothing CC does work, but the furniture does not. But I will try that! Thank you!
Message 3 of 12 (587 Views)

Champion

@Jms8601979 Oh! Well, if you have clothing CC working, then the CC option is probably already enabled.  This might sound dumb but do you have your furniture CC package files loaded directly into your mods folder?  When I first downloaded mine and unzipped it, I had placed the resulting folder in mods.  It took me a bit to realize I had to move the files directly to mods.  The game doesn't recognize them if they're in a folder within the mods folder.

Happy Simming!

Message 4 of 12 (583 Views)

★★★ Novice
@JonaO703 I will check! Thanks for helping me through this!
Message 5 of 12 (560 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

@JonaO703

That's actually not correct. I have many folders in my Mods folder.

Mods/CC (".package" files) can be in subfolders up to 5 or 6 levels deep. (depending on how your resource.cfg file is set up)

However, if the folder is a compressed folder (a ZIP file), then it won't work. It needs to be a normal folder.

.ts4script files can ALSO be in folders, but only 1 level deep.

The only one that's special is an uncompressed "Script" folder, which has it's own setup. Hardly anyone uses those though.

My Mods folder looks like this...

Untitled.png

Message 6 of 12 (536 Views)

★★★ Novice
@Psychotps @JonaO703 I am getting confused....
Message 7 of 12 (513 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

@Jms8601979

Don't worry about the folders.  As long as you are putting the .package files SOMEWHERE in your mods folder, it'll likely work. Make sure you're putting the ".package" files in there and not ".ZIP", ".RAR", ".7Z" or any of those.

You can only put files that end in "PACKAGE" or "TS4SCRIPT" in the mods folder. ALL others are ignored.

If your clothing CC works, and you're putting the furniture CC in the same mods folder, then they should be in there. Assuming they work.

How many .package files are we talking about? Some CC are retextures of others and if you don't have the originals, the retextures won't work. If this is the case, the mod page you got them from will say something like "Meshes required" or "Meshes Not Included". You would need the original meshes as well.

Message 8 of 12 (509 Views)

Champion

@Jms8601979 Sorry for the confusion.  When I first added my cc furniture, it didn't work until I put it directly in mods but tested it just now and the new folder didn't change anything.  Anyway, since I seem to be hurting more than helping, I'm out.  Just do whatever @Psychotps says.  I'm sure they'll be able to help you and I hope you get things fixed soon.

Happy Simming!

Message 9 of 12 (491 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@JonaO703 Well, technically that CAN be true in some cases. I've seen quite advanced mods that really cared about where their files were stored, ones that use configuration files, data files and such. Although those are quite rare nowadays and none were CC.

I have thousands of mods and cc in my Mods folder and none work like that any more. But it has happened.
Message 10 of 12 (489 Views)