Re: Help!

by nessatay2223

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Help!

★★★★★ Apprentice

Can someone explain to me why my sims are looking like this? It’s only these sims that do this for some odd reason and I have no idea why. 

Message 1 of 10 (1,982 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★ Expert

@nessatay2223 Can you temporarily remove all mods and CC files from your Mods folder and (just leave the Resource.cfg file)? I keep a "Temp Storage" folder in an external drive for when I do this, like for any time there is a game update/ patch. Then delete the localthumbcache.package file again. Try a test by starting a New Game (don't load any of your old saves while your mods are removed). If this fixes the problem you can try putting your old mods and CC back in your Mods folder a few at a time while testing with that New Game until the problem comes back. Maybe start with just adding your CC at first. If you have a large number of CC files you can try the 50-50 method with just adding half of your CC at a time to try to narrow it down that way.

If the game still does not work properly with all mods and CC removed, you can try repairing your game in Origin. Maybe there is a missing or corrupted file in your Sims 4 system files. This can happen sometimes especially while installing a game patch. It should not affect your user files like your Saves and Tray folders, but just to be safe I always make back-up copies of mine before repairing my game in Origin. To repair your game:

While logged in on Origin
- Select My Game Library
- Right click on the Sims 4 game tile
- Select Repair from the pop-up menu

Allow the scan to go through your base game and all of your expansion packs.

The scan compares your installed Sims 4 system files (not your user files) with the files on the Origin server and re-downloads any files that are missing or different. When the scan is complete try a test on a New Game and see if everything looks good now. If it seems like it's been fixed you can put all of your mods and CC back in your Mods folder and test on one of your old game saves.

Good luck & let us know if any of this works :D

I'm just a regular Sims player, I don't work for EA.

View in thread

Message 6 of 10 (1,829 Views)

All Replies

@nessatay2223

Moved your post to the general discussion forum. It may help to provide a proper screenshot, instructions here - https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT201361

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 2 of 10 (1,940 Views)

★★★ Expert

@nessatay2223 It's kind of hard to tell from that pic but it looks like maybe you have some outdated/obsolete CC on those Sims. Are you using mods or custom content? Even if these are items you have been using for a long time they might have become obsolete with a recent game patch. Outdated CC outfits, skin overlays, etc., can often have that weird patchy look. Make note of any CC you have on those Sims and then try changing everything in CAS to only Maxis non-CC items. If this fixes things then you might want to remove those items from your Mods folder and look for updated versions. Also make sure to clear your game cache by deleting the localthumbcache.package file from your Sims 4 folder, just to make sure there is nothing from any outdated items being stored there.

Message 3 of 10 (1,925 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I’m using both mods and custom content. I will go through my mods and do what you say. Thank you so much for the help! Standard smile 

Message 4 of 10 (1,901 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Ok and it still doing this after I go through my cc. This is with no cc. 

Message 5 of 10 (1,859 Views)

★★★ Expert

@nessatay2223 Can you temporarily remove all mods and CC files from your Mods folder and (just leave the Resource.cfg file)? I keep a "Temp Storage" folder in an external drive for when I do this, like for any time there is a game update/ patch. Then delete the localthumbcache.package file again. Try a test by starting a New Game (don't load any of your old saves while your mods are removed). If this fixes the problem you can try putting your old mods and CC back in your Mods folder a few at a time while testing with that New Game until the problem comes back. Maybe start with just adding your CC at first. If you have a large number of CC files you can try the 50-50 method with just adding half of your CC at a time to try to narrow it down that way.

If the game still does not work properly with all mods and CC removed, you can try repairing your game in Origin. Maybe there is a missing or corrupted file in your Sims 4 system files. This can happen sometimes especially while installing a game patch. It should not affect your user files like your Saves and Tray folders, but just to be safe I always make back-up copies of mine before repairing my game in Origin. To repair your game:

While logged in on Origin
- Select My Game Library
- Right click on the Sims 4 game tile
- Select Repair from the pop-up menu

Allow the scan to go through your base game and all of your expansion packs.

The scan compares your installed Sims 4 system files (not your user files) with the files on the Origin server and re-downloads any files that are missing or different. When the scan is complete try a test on a New Game and see if everything looks good now. If it seems like it's been fixed you can put all of your mods and CC back in your Mods folder and test on one of your old game saves.

Good luck & let us know if any of this works :D

I'm just a regular Sims player, I don't work for EA.

Message 6 of 10 (1,830 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@RandomBuzziness Thanks! I will definitely try this! 😊
Message 7 of 10 (1,806 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@RandomBuzziness It works! Thank you so much!!
Message 8 of 10 (1,762 Views)

★★★ Expert

@nessatay2223 Hey that's awesome! Thanks for the feedback, it's very helpful to hear back on what does and does not work on these types of issues.

cute cat.JPG

Message 9 of 10 (1,722 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@RandomBuzziness No problem! 😊
Message 10 of 10 (1,699 Views)