Re: Help!!! how do you Turn off Sims Illness?

by stbnchristine

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Help!!! how do you Turn off Sims Illness?

★★★★★ Novice

Hi, a bit of a backstory. I am someone who suffers from trypophbia. Long story short, while playing Sims 4 my sims got sick and one of the illness in particular triggered my phobia causing me to have an anxiety attack and massive itching. i love playing the sims, u have played it since the 1st ever sims and i am not going to lie this has stressed me out to the point where i am only willing to do builds instead of live play. i really hope the sims team does something about this in the future. If anyone knows how to turn it off that would be a massive help and i would be so grateful.

Thank you

Message 1 of 11 (16,135 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

Hi @queenlouise88 Sorry to hear of the problems you've faced.. Disappointed

The best way I'd know is the UI Cheats Extension, a mod by Weerbesu at Patreon. As a mere right click on a moodlet would make the illness dissipate, or a shift click on the sim to 'cheat' needs also.

If you are new to using cc/mods please check my post here on maintaining them in your game, although having only a few would not require much maintenance, and that modder in particular updates very promptly after each Game Update/Patch, so be sure to keep it up to date if you do choose to use it.

Hope this helps

Sasha

nb: If this solves your question, please mark the reply as having been the solution, so as to help others with a similar problem in the future. Thumbs up
I have no connection to EA

View in thread

Message 2 of 11 (16,115 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

Hi @queenlouise88 Sorry to hear of the problems you've faced.. Disappointed

The best way I'd know is the UI Cheats Extension, a mod by Weerbesu at Patreon. As a mere right click on a moodlet would make the illness dissipate, or a shift click on the sim to 'cheat' needs also.

If you are new to using cc/mods please check my post here on maintaining them in your game, although having only a few would not require much maintenance, and that modder in particular updates very promptly after each Game Update/Patch, so be sure to keep it up to date if you do choose to use it.

Hope this helps

Sasha

nb: If this solves your question, please mark the reply as having been the solution, so as to help others with a similar problem in the future. Thumbs up
I have no connection to EA

Message 2 of 11 (16,116 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@queenlouise88 

Trypophobia is the fear of tiny holes in a compact pattern. I fail to see how the illness in the Sims 4 could trigger that.

Anyway. No you can not turn it off. You can however buy medicine from the computer that will cure it immediately. You can keep a couple in their inventory for quick access.

As @Sashas0nic mentioned there is a Mod that will remove the moodlet that comes from being ill but that will soon return as it does not cure the illness.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 3 of 11 (16,091 Views)

★★ Pro

By the moodlet being removed, it does remove whatever 'hours' etc a 'mood' is, it's worked for a sickness for my sim before, The UI Cheats extension that is, even the cheat need with it, to make happy, but the moodlet is quicker

Message 4 of 11 (16,086 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
  1. hi when the sim gets  blotches it triggers it. also the phobia is not just tiny hole it clusters ect. may i add (not in a defensive way) but just because you don't see how it may trigger someone doesn't mean that it doesn't. 
Message 5 of 11 (16,075 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

thanks ill give it a try. 

Message 6 of 11 (16,074 Views)

★ Guide

There is also a trait you can buy with aspiration points called, sickness resistance.  I find this really helps; however, not completely. One time I gave my whole family this trait and the next day they were all sick. But generally it reduces the oncoming illness occurrences. 

If you are interested in mods to get there quickly several people have mods to assign traits with cheat actions. I use one from cool spear (available at Simsasylum, must become free member- search for traits) it is called, 

Traits - Sim Trait Application System Reworked - New Additions RoM Traits for October 2019. 

Message 7 of 11 (15,998 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

That's true, and I have that trait as well (my sims have over 20 traits usually) Large smile However, the mod I mentioned UI Cheats can remove the moodlet (sickness/problem) deletion in one click.. it can also add and remove traits and many other actions I do use many of Coolspears mods as well, but as the o.p seemed to be new to mods, this mod seemed the quickest, and with 'all in one' features js

Message 8 of 11 (15,991 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

thank you i am deffo going to give it a try. 😊

Spoiler

Message 9 of 11 (15,967 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@queenlouise88I'm having the same problem i found a skin overlay mod on mod the sims but the modder (peterskywalker!)hasn't updated it in awhile but it's my last hope honestly i might have to take get to work out of my game because it is very triggering. ( i honestly don't even know if that will make it go away) it was the strips for me it was so sudden and it just is burned in my brain of him with the tiger strips and his girlfriend with the--- yeah-- But I'm in the same situation as you with the phobia.

Message 10 of 11 (13,677 Views)