Help finding a gallery item I downloaded?

by mirandactyl

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Help finding a gallery item I downloaded?

★★★★★ Novice

Dumb/easy question?? I've recently downloaded some really cool items from the gallery. I wanted to recommend these items to my friends. However, I didn't actually "Save" the items to my library, nor did I favorite them. I just clicked them and placed them directly into my current game. Unfortunately I changed the names of the lots too when I placed them.

Is there a way to find these items in the gallery again? Like, a download history or something? They were all common things like "2 bedroom house" that I spent hours scrolling through to select, and so far I haven't had luck finding them again or remembering the original search terms I used.

I also wish there was a way to read the description where the creator lists the hashtags and stuff? There must be a way to view that in-game, I'm just missing it.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 7 (2,124 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Help finding a gallery item I downloaded?

Champion

@mirandactyl Unfortunately, if you did not save the lot to your library first but directly placed the lot then overwrote the name of the lot, I think the only chance you have for finding the original is by retrieving the creator's name and searching the gallery for this creator's lots, which should work just fine. To do this...

In this example I placed another creator's lot in my game and renamed the lot:
1.jpg

Now, from within the lot in your game, save this lot to your library as follows:
Click the "Save to My Library" icon and you will see a dropdown. In that dropdown click the image of a home...
2.jpg

After you have saved the lot to your library you will see that the lot will also show the original creator's name as you see below (see "Original by:"):
3.jpg

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments

View in thread

Message 2 of 7 (2,083 Views)

All Replies

Champion

@mirandactyl Unfortunately, if you did not save the lot to your library first but directly placed the lot then overwrote the name of the lot, I think the only chance you have for finding the original is by retrieving the creator's name and searching the gallery for this creator's lots, which should work just fine. To do this...

In this example I placed another creator's lot in my game and renamed the lot:
1.jpg

Now, from within the lot in your game, save this lot to your library as follows:
Click the "Save to My Library" icon and you will see a dropdown. In that dropdown click the image of a home...
2.jpg

After you have saved the lot to your library you will see that the lot will also show the original creator's name as you see below (see "Original by:"):
3.jpg

Message 2 of 7 (2,084 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@SheriGR HOORAY! Yes; this is exactly what I needed. No wonder you're a "champion." Standard smile Thanks a million!
Message 3 of 7 (2,062 Views)

Champion

@mirandactyl Awww.... that was very kind of you! You are most welcome and I'm glad it helped! 

Message 4 of 7 (2,054 Views)

★ Guide

Will this work for Sims?

Message 5 of 7 (456 Views)

Champion
@midtwilightblue
It should also work for Sims.
Message 6 of 7 (437 Views)

Community Manager

Hi all,

As this thread has gotten a bit older now, it's been locked to prevent necro-posting.

If you're needing further help on this topic, please feel free to create a new thread instead and we'd be happy to take a look with you Standard smile

Don't "necropost." Reviving, updating or bumping old, outdated and irrelevant threads is not helpful for our community. It's best to check when the thread was created before you hit post, just to make sure it's not 2 years old for example.

solaire.png

Message 7 of 7 (426 Views)