Original Post

Accepted Solution

[Help] Clock; Switching between Sims Bug

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.61.15.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Seasons, Cats and Dogs, Island Living, City Living
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I come across three problems. First, the in-game clock stops running every time. Second, I cannot switch between sim A and sim B. And third, when being demand to take an action (cooking, working out, reading, etc), my sims do not respond. In order to have the clock run again, to switch between those sims, and make them do their work, I have to pause the game (or switch to another speed mode) and then return to my previous speed mode.
What happens when the bug occurs? The clock stops running Soccer ball; switching between two (or more) sims is impossible Football. Also, my Sims cannot do anything Basketball.
What do you expect to see? The clock must always be running Soccer ball. Also, switching between sims can be done with just one click Football, and my sims respond to my demand immediately Basketball.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I removed all mods and custom contents from my "The Sims 4" folder. However, the bugs still appeared. After that, I tried to repair and update the game via Origin (it didn't work as well). Finally, I uninstalled everything (Origin and The Sims 4), then download them again, but it didn't help.

I attach a video to help you understand the bug. Please access this link to view: 
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1NHtHpkPItlTbPrKVqA6Q87G20K2FMxQM 

Message 1 of 6 (638 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [Help] Clock; Switching between Sims Bug

★★★★★ Guide
@MIW1417 : What mods do you have? Did you delete localthumbcache.package from the Sims 4 Folder in Documents before testing? Did you do the Repair before testing as well? Also, is MCCC one of them? Did you ever fiddle with the time settings there?

View in thread

Message 2 of 6 (569 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Guide
@MIW1417 : What mods do you have? Did you delete localthumbcache.package from the Sims 4 Folder in Documents before testing? Did you do the Repair before testing as well? Also, is MCCC one of them? Did you ever fiddle with the time settings there?
Message 2 of 6 (570 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I have [snip], Fairy Mods, some clothes and careers (CC). But I didn't delete localthumbcache.package before testing. I will try again. Thank you very much :D

(Removed reference to mods that increase the age rating of the game, lets keep it PG on the forum) - David

Message 3 of 6 (524 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@StarryMight: Deleting localthumbcache.package helps it work :D finally my game can run smoothly with mods and CC. Many thanks to you, StarryMight <3

Message 4 of 6 (514 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@MIW1417 : You're welcome! It's good practice to do that whenever you add, remove, change, or move around mods and CC in the Mods folder. :-)
Message 5 of 6 (455 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Hello,

I have similar problems but have never had any mods. I'm only having problems with the clock and my sims actions not linking up. As well as when moving from one place to another with same Sim the clock changes days and times forward and backward/

Message 6 of 6 (418 Views)