Re: Height

by RandomBuzziness

Original Post

★★★★★ Novice

I honestly think it would be a dandy idea to have height in the game but I think it'd be best left for sims 5. Height would be a crazy addition and think of all the stuff the animators have to do to make it work well in the game seeing as I've used the height mod in my game before(specifically sims 3) and the amount of distortion between two different heights in sims is a little hilarious. 

Message 21 of 23 (297 Views)

★★★ Expert

The height slider mod I use is only a 3 kb package file & using it vs. not using it makes no real difference in CPU or memory usage that I can tell. No bloat in save file sizes either. My teen - elder Sims vary in height from +20% to -15% of normal Sims. At those sizes the Sims do not look distorted at all. Virtually all animations look fine for tall or short Sims, even for things like holding hands or hugging. There must already be some form of compensating for height differences built into the mod, otherwise their hands would be off, like they are playing patty-cake and not holding hands! xD. The only thing that doesn't line up well for Sims at the extreme ends of my settings are their lips when they are kissing, but even then you have to look really close to notice it. I imagine anything the game devs would come up with, if they ever decided to add something like this to the game, would be even more polished than that.

I'm not trying to encourage the use of mods here, that's up to each player as long as they understand and accept the risks that go along with using them. I do like the variety that having different sized Sims brings to my game so I am still Me Too with the original post.

Message 22 of 23 (286 Views)

Champion
Sorry @Bluebellflora for the late answer but sometimes family matters need more attention than gaming or discussing/debating about it.

Just before Christmas last year my old pc broke down (motherboard failure) after some 5 years of heavy duty and hard gaming. On that pc the difference was round about 0.3 to 0.5 % extra use of CPU using two different types of height sliders against using none. Unfortunately i have no proof of it because those results were not recorded and i didn't test is on my new pc yet. But when i feel like it i might do it again just for the fun of it.
I guess the difference now will be even slightly less on my new pc because my last one had an i7 processor.
But as you might have seen in my earlier posts even with a i9 processor, the game uses already about 22% of CPU. I gather that with some lesser processors it will use up significantly more. How much more i don't know. But when you compare an i3 to an i9, I dare to say that an i3 will use up to 60% of its CPU and will heat up very quick.
The game uses round about 5 GB of RAM at the moment I took the screenshots to attach to my earlier post. This is including the two height sliders.

As @RandomBuzziness wrote the sliders use approximately 3 to 5 kb on harddisk space but i still think it might way through when the processor has to compute it for all the 120 Sims I play with. But than again, that is my way of gaming.

Thanks you @Psychotps for your edit! I also use mods (about 1.500) and animations (i really lost count how much but it is about 800 Mb) and as i already wrote it ads up to about 2.2 GB.

I still agree with @Ashleyc1144 so i just keep the Me Too and I very much like the suggestion of @BabiGrim that it would be nice to have more height differences when EA eventually launches The Sims 5.

I will end with a plea that i would also love to see the possibility of creating a kind of dissimilarity in a Sims face to make it look even more lifelike than it does now.

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Let op:
ik ben een vrijwilliger - ik werk dus niet voor EA. / Klik op "Ik ook" - Als je hetzelfde probleem hebt
Geef XP – Voor nuttige opmerkingen (help anderen vooruit) en markeer de oplossing - Als een antwoord jou heeft geholpen.

Message 23 of 23 (215 Views)