Re: Having a problem with diagonal walls after the update.

by Bluebellflora

Original Post

Champion

@Iamflare I feel your pain. I have a home with a diagonal section where I had previously placed art that was staying just fine when placed (I meticulously play and placement test my builds), and now as you can see the art is deleted when the home is placed. This also happened on the regular wall adjacent to it. I suspect this is due them being close to the wall edge. I also see that where I had 'debug blank canvases' as blinds on those windows (it's a starter), those seem to have been deleted as well. 

Before patch:

N2yKTXy.jpg

After patch:
Screen_Shot_2020-06-05_at_7.14.01_PM.png

On the other hand, the photo (and light) I had placed on the opposite diagonal wall placed just fine before and after the patch:
Screen_Shot_2020-06-05_at_7.14.27_PM.jpg

I agree with @Bluebellflora that this is probably by design. 
I'm assuming the wall placement dynamics have adjusted to allow for the new 'free placement' of windows and doors. <sigh>

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 11 of 24 (1,534 Views)
Highlighted

@SheriGR

If the user has MOO enabled before they place the lot do the objects still disappear?

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 12 of 24 (1,525 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@Bluebellflora Oddly, in the case of the build I mentioned, even with MOO enabled it deleted those two images, the two blank (debug) canvases in that corner, and one blank canvas in the living room (which was right up against the wall edge), but all of the other blank canvases on the other windows remained, from what I could see at a quick look-over. I re-checked, and placing with MOO disabled appears to give the same result.
Edit: I found on further testing that I could get it to place as before with MOO on. Activating MOO may be a good workaround, then, for certain changes in wall dynamics. 

Message 13 of 24 (1,517 Views)

★ Apprentice

@SheriGR I just saved one of my problem rooms and placed it on another lot, and it also deleted the art on the diagonal wall. Super annoying

Message 14 of 24 (1,489 Views)

@SheriGR 

I enabled MOO and downloaded and placed your lot in build mode, no sim on the lot, and the pictures are on the lot. At least, the same pictures as in your screenshots above. 

Screenshot 2020-06-09 at 19.25.29.pngScreenshot 2020-06-09 at 19.26.32.png

Screenshot 2020-06-09 at 19.26.46.png

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 15 of 24 (1,481 Views)

Champion

@Bluebellflora  I found on further testing that I could get it to place as before with MOO on. Activating MOO may be a good workaround, then, for certain changes in wall dynamics. 

Message 16 of 24 (1,438 Views)

Re: Diagonal Walls not Counting as Wall

★★★ Novice
@crinrict Thanks. I don't know if I would count 'turn on move anything cheat and place things' as a solution to the bug- especially with the problems that moo can cause to other items, and the fact that the walls are still not working as intended.

Is there not a place I can submit this as a bug that isn't solved, with the idea that EA fixes the game? If my original post was not the correct forum for that, my apologies.
Message 17 of 24 (1,395 Views)

★ Guide

I agree with @PastyDeath, is this logged as a bug and if not, can it be?

Being unable to place 1-tile items on ANY diagonal walls unless the item is places on a 2-tile space doesn't seem to me like it should be by design. And using MOO changes the way objects placed on a wall behave, which makes play awkward and it's disrupting to immersion. 

It does look like a single diagonal wall section no longer registers as having a one tile width. In the attached pics you see my experiment: front walls have objects placed without MOO. The only way I could get the 1-tile wall deco on was if it occupied two wall tiles. Back walls are with MOO and the objects placed with the cheat ignore being attached to walls when in walls down mode. 

The only thing that currently places on one diagonal wall are windows and doors. I don't use MOO in builds and until the latest patch, I've never had this issue. (no mods or CC either and I'm on a Mac, if that matters at all) 

Message 18 of 24 (1,355 Views)

Champion

@simmyfroggy @PastyDeath I also am surprised at and frustrated by this change in the behaviors of diagonal walls, and would like to see it under review. Thank you for the information, screenshots, and troubleshooting. It is very helpful. 

Message 19 of 24 (1,336 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@simmyfroggy I agree. This should be marked as a bug if it's not. It currently says it's Solved but the "Solution" only acknowledges the issue. I've been having the issue on my builds as well and move objects is very awkward for items placed on walls since they never go away with walls down.
Message 20 of 24 (1,244 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help