Re: Having a problem with a pre made sim

by RandomBuzziness

Original Post

Having a problem with a pre made sim

★★★★ Apprentice

So here's the story, there is this pre made sim, her name is Averie Murphy and I think she is now lost and stuck in the world, even if I add her to a family and then remove her again, she won't show up in the Not in world section? She is a random created sim and not part of the games original created sims. The thing is here's how it happened. I was playing one of my sims when I saw her walking around, So I decided to talk to her and get to know her, I soon found out she had the kleptomaniac trait as she stole my sims business sales award. I figured out how to get it back by waiting until she appeared again, then I left clicked on her and clicked on add her to family, then selected her and checked her inventory and found my award, took it back then removed her from the family and then I deleted her from the not in world section. To my surprise however she was still showing up in the world but every time I checked the not in the world she wasn't there. I even tried to add her to another family and removed her again but to no avail. So far she is the only one still showing up in the world but not showing up in the not in world section. I've deleted a few others to see if it would happen again but so far its only her. 

Message 1 of 4 (222 Views)

★★★★ Expert

@Takata5 If you added her to your family, she might have moved over to the "Favorites" tab. Check there.

ThePsycho

Accept as Solution button - If a post answers your question please let everyone know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 2 of 4 (193 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@Takata5 
When you use the cheat to "remove from household" that Sim is moved into another category of Townie Sims.
That means you will still see them in the world but they cannot be found by usual means.
The majority of Sims can be found in manage world by looking in "housed" Sims (living on a lot in any neighborhood) or "Not In World". There is a population of Townie Sims the game creates to fill roles the game sees as temporary.
This was verified as "by design".
If you want to keep Averie Murphy in your game there is a solution.
Add the Sim to your household.
Go to Manage World and move the Sim into their own lot or merge them with another household.
I hope this helps your situation.
Please let me know if additional help is needed.

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations
Message 3 of 4 (169 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Expert

@Takata5 Some NPC townies by design are in the game but will not appear in Manage Households. This was confirmed by EA a while back:

not in manage households.JPG

Message 4 of 4 (165 Views)