by wavaflave

Original Post

Hate Children/non-committal Sims have try for baby fail all the time

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.72.28.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except for Star Wars
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Trying for a baby not functioning
What happens when the bug occurs? My sim has a full romance and friendship bar and she can regular WooHoo with her partner but when I try to Try For A Baby he gets a negative reaction and romance bar goes down.
What do you expect to see? They should be able to Try For A Baby with no negative reactions
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

This just started and it is making playing challenges difficult Disappointed

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted title

Message 1 of 18 (8,169 Views)

Re: Try For a Baby not working

Hero
@wavaflave What traits does your Sim have ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 18 (8,152 Views)

★★ Novice

She has Family-Oriented, Neat, and Cat Lover. And I just figured out he has the Hates Children trait and the Sim I tried on the first time around had the Non-commital trait. Does this mean they aren't capable of even wanting to Try for a Baby?

Message 3 of 18 (8,145 Views)

Hero
@wavaflave I don't exactly know, tbh. It seems a change to the non-committal trait for sure but probably also hates children. Not sure what you need to do to make them have babies anyways.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 18 (8,143 Views)

★★ Novice

So I did a work around that would be super annoying if you had to do it every time. I placed him on a lot and changed his Hates Children to Romantic and then I made him go over to her place and Try For a Baby and that worked. I'm hoping this is just a temporary glitch because the 100 Baby Challenge is about to get 100x harder if this keeps happening

Message 5 of 18 (8,137 Views)

★★ Novice

I think it was just those traits you can no longer casually try for a baby

Message 6 of 18 (8,104 Views)

Hero
@wavaflave Yeah, I agree, it's bad if you can't choose to have children with these traits at all.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 18 (8,100 Views)

Hero

@wavaflave 

I'm not sure that the traits a sim has make much of a difference whether a sim gets pregnant or not with Try for Baby.  Try for Baby does not always cause a pregnancy every time.  The default pregnancy chance setting is 80% so you just might have been unlucky with the two sims involved and it just might take trying several times or more.  But I do know that sims with those traits can get pregnant or cause a pregnancy as I have sims with those traits that have had kids in my main save.  

The negative hit on romance does come from the traits and I think it's from the Hates Children trait.  Non Committal sims just usually give you trouble when asking to marry as they will turn down proposals a lot.  

Hope this helps.

Message 8 of 18 (8,037 Views)

Hero
@CGrant56 Did you try since the patch that changed the traits ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 18 (8,032 Views)

★★ Novice

It's not getting pregnant that is the problem, it's getting them to even try for a baby

Message 10 of 18 (8,027 Views)