Harvesting Times Need Changing

by Simalleyaile

Original Post

Harvesting Times Need Changing

★★★ Apprentice

Harvesting Time for harvestables needs to change.  Right now, they're coded to come into bloom at 5 am.  However this means that plants on the Science Lot can never be harvested.  Asking other scientists to garden is a part of gameplay, as is using certain plants for the serums.   I used to enjoy taking care of my Science Garden and harvesting the plants while at work.

Also, the new Community Garden Lot type that came in Eco Living is also affected.  A sim has to be on the lot at the time of bloom, so that means they need to be there at the lot before 5 am to harvest all of those plants that get planted.   My sims are still sleeping!  I have woken them very early to get to the lot on time, and have even slept overnight just to get the harvests....not as much fun as it could be if it were more convenient.  

In fact, ANY plant that a sim plants on a community lot will not be available to them for harvesting unless they are there before 5 am.

Please change this to a more convenient time.  A time where the sim can be at work at the Science Lot and harvest the plants for their serums, and more likely to visit a community lot. 

Message 1 of 6 (930 Views)

Re: Harvesting Times Need Changing

[ Edited ]
Champion

@Simalleyaile , I completely agree!  While I usually have my Scientists garden at home so they can have the plants they need at work, this doesn't fix the fact that tending/harvesting plants is part of a Scientist's chores on many workdays, and like you said, the harvest time makes this task impossible! 😥 We can't even stay overnight like you can on a community lot! 😑

This is also a problem for those who have the Get Together EP and join the Garden Gnomes gardening club and have the meetings on the default community lot... before the harvest times were set at 5am (like they are now) your Sim could go with the gardening club to the community lot that was default for that club.  It was a very small garden, but at least they could harvest plants (although this didn't work out as well with the Seasons EP if those particular plants were out of season, but that is understandable).  But after they changed the harvest times, you have to have the Garden Gnomes club stay out all night just to harvest anything! 🤦‍♀️😓  This is one of the reasons I always now choose the option to meet at my Sim's house.  But sometimes you want a change of pace !  

Hopefully they will change this with the update that is due to come out before the Cottage Living EP is released later this month! 🤞 There is a good chance they could change it since the pack deals with gardening! 

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 2 of 6 (907 Views)

Champion

@Simalleyaile I am adding my 'Me Too' to this post. I think the code for this spawn time for plants in combo with them being on the lot needs some love for sure, plus several of the excellent details about related plant spawn issues, and the problems with the Science Lab plant interactions, requirements and results. 

You both make excellent points. There are some of the same plus additional details in two bug reports that you may not be aware of, and you could add your info &/or your 'Me Too' to one or both of them, whichever is relevant to your issues:

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 3 of 6 (895 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

@Simalleyaile

I just made a version of my Gardening for All Seasons mod that changes the plant's spawn time from 5am to 11am.

I'll likely be doing another version of the 11am spawn mod that doesn't also change the plants to grow in all seasons if people really want it.

But for right now, I have GFAS-5am edition and GFAS-11am edition.

Just google "gettps sims 4 mts"

Message 4 of 6 (851 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Thank you @Psychotps for letting us know about your mod.  

Another quick solution to this problem is by using the ingame cheat:  shift click on plant and choose their growth status.  I wouldn't like to be doing this as a long term solution though, as it takes the "play" out of the gameplay.  

I hope the developers decide to change times permanently.  It seems very incongruent that they've introduced two specific gameplay elements that they've then deemed dysfunctional by their own decisions. 

Message 5 of 6 (832 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@Simalleyaile

If the plants revert to dirt piles, or you want to change the growth stage or evolve quicker, that cheat is very useful.

However, it will not cause the harvestables to spawn. Even though the option is in there, it doesn't work. Never did. It will still be stuck at spawning at the normal time. (Or my new time with the mod)
Message 6 of 6 (828 Views)