Re: Happy Cinco de Cuatro!!!

by suzushka

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Happy Cinco de Cuatro!!!

★★★ Guide

Way off topic, but wanted to share a bit of degenerate joy. 😉

If you know what I mean: High Fiver! 

If you dont: You could do yourself a solid. First, Google it. Then make plans to start with S1E1.

Cheers.

🙃

Message 1 of 3 (270 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★★ Expert
@suzushka

Oddly, I did have to look it up. Coming from South Florida originally, Cinco de Mayo was a major thing down there.

Never heard of "Arrested Development". I'll have to watch it.

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (227 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Expert
@suzushka

Oddly, I did have to look it up. Coming from South Florida originally, Cinco de Mayo was a major thing down there.

Never heard of "Arrested Development". I'll have to watch it.
Message 2 of 3 (228 Views)

★★★ Guide

@Psychotps 

Yah, I hear you. I grew up in Texas, so I enjoyed the benefits of blended culture too. I’m partial to dia de los muertes myself. It’s my favorite Duck tape pattern. I just ordered two more rolls from Amazon, actually. lol. And tamales!

🙃

The first three seasons of arrested development date from the mid-2000s, I think. Netflix funded production for two more seasons in the last few years - all the same cast - and you can stream all 5 seasons there. it was totally ahead of its time. Don’t read the spoiler sections but you can get some ‘historical’ context from the Wikipedia entry that might deepen your appreciation . don’t worry it doesn’t feel dated. And the writing is brilliant.

I used to play it as background noise so I basically memorized the first three seasons. that equates to a veritable trove of witty quotes, and at least one to suit just about any circumstance. most of the time people don’t get the reference, but reactions can be priceless from those that do. (: Enjoy! (this whole paragraph is a ditto for South Park, so consider tacking that onto your list if you haven’t seen it.  pace yourself tho - waaaay more seasons) 

Message 3 of 3 (201 Views)