by BrokenWingPL

Original Post

Hamper whim that makes no sense [The Sims 4]

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.55.108.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Moschino and Realm of Magic
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Buy a Hamper, maybe after having a clothing pile on the floor
What happens when the bug occurs? Sim gets a 'Take Clothing Pile to Hamper' whim a lot, while clothes automatically go to hamper
What do you expect to see? I shouldn't get a whim that makes no sense and i can't complete it
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

This whim makes no sense cause all clothes get automatically teleported to a hamper.

Message 1 of 10 (1,327 Views)

Re: Hamper whim that makes no sense [The Sims 4]

★★★★ Expert
@BrokenWingPL You sure your hamper isn't full? Once it gets full, clothing no longer goes to the hamper. It gets left on the floor.
Message 2 of 10 (1,297 Views)

★★★ Guide

Also if any of your Sims are slobs, slobs will leave clothing piles even if you have have empty hampers nearby. 

Though, if none of them have the slob trait, the hampers aren't full, and you don't see any clothing piles anywhere on the lot, it might be a bug. 

Message 3 of 10 (1,275 Views)

★ Apprentice

I bought hamper when there was a clothing pile on the floor and then I dragged it to the hamper (probably this action caused this bug). So hamper still had a plenty of space in it. There was no clothing pile on the floor and my Sim was not a slob.

Message 4 of 10 (1,262 Views)

Hero
@BrokenWingPL Is this about the whim not fulfilling when you put the laundry in ? As there's currently many issues with whims not fulfilling it could be just that.

If it's about the whim itself, I don't think it's a bug if it shows up when you have a hamper. Does it show up a lot for you ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 10 (1,233 Views)

★ Apprentice

@crinrictAll dirty clothes automatically go to the hamper, so it's impossible for my Sim to take a clothing pile to the hamper. It was showing up every other whim.

Message 6 of 10 (1,226 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@BrokenWingPL Even if the hamper is full ?

Like, fill hamper, wait for piles, then move laundry to washer, put laundry in hamper.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 7 of 10 (1,221 Views)

Hero
@BrokenWingPL Did you try if my suggestions works ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 10 (1,176 Views)

★ Apprentice
@crinrict I stopped getting this whim after loading the game, but it would work as you've said.
I still think that Sim shouldn't get a whim that they wouldn't be able to fullfill for a week.
Message 9 of 10 (1,162 Views)

Hero
@BrokenWingPL I hear you but that would be feedback and not a bug.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 10 (1,160 Views)