Re: HOW TO PURGE ALL ELDERS AND GHOSTS? - halp- (With mccc?)

by CGrant56

Original Post

Accepted Solution

HOW TO PURGE ALL ELDERS AND GHOSTS? - halp- (With mccc?)

★★ Novice

So I have a lot of elders and ghosts in my save and was wondering it's possible to just purge them all or all unplayed? I have mccc installed don't know how to use it. 

Message 1 of 3 (1,910 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hero

@rjrock788 

You can get rid of a lot of them through simply deleting them using Manage Households.  Look for any ghosts and elders under the Other Households tab.  Most should be "Not in World" so those are just game created NPCs anyway unless you've moved sims there.  Just select the household and delete it.  If there are sims in those households that you might want to keep then take the household into CAS and just delete the elders and ghosts.  That should get rid of most of them for you. 

You can safely delete every sim in the Other Households section if you want to.  I do it every once in a while in my long term save just to get a bunch of fresh faces in the game.  If the game needs new sims for vendor booths, bartenders, etc,, it will make new ones and before long that section of Manage Households will repopulate itself.  But it also depends on how you play.  If you allow the game to move NPCs into houses by checking the box in game options, you might want to keep those.  And if you have enabled NPC move ins and story progression through MCCC, you might not want to delete those sims either.  But you can delete the elders if you want by taking the household into CAS.  It all depends on what you want to do really.

But there are usually a number of ghosts that get put into hidden households (that's where both played and unplayed sims go when they die and become ghosts) that you can't really get at but those will go away ion their own in time for the most part.  Since I play with aging on, that's how it appears to be in my game.  I'm not sure if works quite the same in a game with aging off.

Another way to get rid of ghosts is to ask or invite them to join your active household.  Once they become active, then you can take the household to CAS and delete them there.  If you have their urn, you can also use the the option on it to get rid of them by releasing them to the Netherworld but most times you don't have an urn unless it was a played sim in that household.

Hope this helps.

View in thread

Message 3 of 3 (1,862 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Expert

@rjrock788 

I don't know if you can just up and delete them all.

I suppose you could use MCCC to set the "Elder" lifespan to something absurdly short like 1 day. Same with ghosts. Two days later, they're all gone.

Thing is, MCCC won't discriminate. ALL Elders everywhere will be gone in two days. Even your played households. (unless you have them flagged for "No Aging")

Message 2 of 3 (1,884 Views)

Hero

@rjrock788 

You can get rid of a lot of them through simply deleting them using Manage Households.  Look for any ghosts and elders under the Other Households tab.  Most should be "Not in World" so those are just game created NPCs anyway unless you've moved sims there.  Just select the household and delete it.  If there are sims in those households that you might want to keep then take the household into CAS and just delete the elders and ghosts.  That should get rid of most of them for you. 

You can safely delete every sim in the Other Households section if you want to.  I do it every once in a while in my long term save just to get a bunch of fresh faces in the game.  If the game needs new sims for vendor booths, bartenders, etc,, it will make new ones and before long that section of Manage Households will repopulate itself.  But it also depends on how you play.  If you allow the game to move NPCs into houses by checking the box in game options, you might want to keep those.  And if you have enabled NPC move ins and story progression through MCCC, you might not want to delete those sims either.  But you can delete the elders if you want by taking the household into CAS.  It all depends on what you want to do really.

But there are usually a number of ghosts that get put into hidden households (that's where both played and unplayed sims go when they die and become ghosts) that you can't really get at but those will go away ion their own in time for the most part.  Since I play with aging on, that's how it appears to be in my game.  I'm not sure if works quite the same in a game with aging off.

Another way to get rid of ghosts is to ask or invite them to join your active household.  Once they become active, then you can take the household to CAS and delete them there.  If you have their urn, you can also use the the option on it to get rid of them by releasing them to the Netherworld but most times you don't have an urn unless it was a played sim in that household.

Hope this helps.

Message 3 of 3 (1,863 Views)