HD Table Game / "Find a Friend" Feedback

by zpatsfan1265

Original Post

Re: HD Table Game / "Find a Friend" Feedback

★★ Novice

Playing with friends is one of the reasons I have been a member for many years. Please make it easy to find friends in the future.  

Message 21 of 58 (778 Views)

Jungle Gin HD - Updates-Still Can't Find a Friend

★★★★ Apprentice

This comment is in reference to Pogo Blog post #128, written on April 7th by Pogo Llama. 

It reads, to quote,

"We’ve got good news for Jungle Gin HD fans! After it launched on January 21, we got a lot of feedback and requests. A new update is out today, and we sat down with Pogo Sean to talk about all the changes. This was a long and informative interview, so please click here to check it out." 

Well, I gave EA another chance, and tried to join a friend in Jungle Gin. Since Pogo stated they "had been listening to our feedback", i assumed that the "find a friend" feature had finally been fixed. To my dismay, you still can't find your friend if they are playing with Bots. What's wrong with this picture? There were several comments from the Pogo Community on this post, stating the same feelings as I have written here. You still have to sit there and not play with Bots for your friend to find you. I understand these are difficult times right now, and thought Pogo might help to ease the burden by fixing the program so friends might be easily found. All Pogo posts are directions to tell you how you can play with your friend, which haven't changed since January 21st. 

I am a fighter, and I still will not give up trying to have this feature fixed. As I've stated in previous blog posts, that other less sophisticated sites make it easy to find your friend and actually play with them while they are playing with Bots. 

Lets go Pogo.. fix this feature. Spades has the same programming, which makes it impossible to play with friends. I also fear that the imminent update of Canasta will have the same fault. You can play with plenty of strangers, but can't play with your friends unless you sit there and do nothing while waiting. 

Thank you again for your ear and your support. 

Message 22 of 58 (818 Views)

Re: Jungle Gin HD - Updates-Still Can't Find a Friend

★★★ Novice

Agree wholehearted.y with zpatsfan.  Spades, Jungle gin and soon to be Canasta all being demolished with good intentions but not good results.  I go here to play with friends.  If I can't find them, Pogo becomes useless.

Message 23 of 58 (775 Views)

Re: Jungle Gin HD - Updates-Still Can't Find a Friend

★★★ Newbie

I too agree with zpatsfan and frackattack there will be no point going to play in pogo if we cannot find our friends. With all the modern technology I am totally blown away by your inability to incorporate the means to find a friend. In these tough times when so many of us have to stay at home I would think pogo would be able to accommodate it’s players and especially long time members. Thank you for listening 

Message 24 of 58 (743 Views)

Re: HD Table Game / "Find a Friend" Feedback

★ Novice

i agree i can not see friends in hd games i'm 78 and miss playing with all my friends come on pogo/ea get sorted 

Message 25 of 58 (690 Views)

The Coming of Canasta

★★★★ Apprentice

Good Evening, 

I just read the latest Pogo blog, and I understand that the new HD version of Canasta will be unveiled on May 5, 2020. 

This question is for EA. This is the last time I will broach this topic, as the fighter in me is beginning to get tired. I would appreciate a response. 

Is the chat feature ever going to be fixed, where you can actually find your friends when they are already playing a game? I fear Canasta will follow the same fate as our other beloved games, such as, Spades HD and Jungle Gin HD, where it is impossible to find your friends. If I can't find my friends, then a membership is not worth the money. 

This may be my last post. I do want to add that Pogo did give me many years of enjoyment. I have been a member since 2001 and have met some stellar people here. So, thank you, Pogo, for all the memories and the friendships that I've made. I can never replace the time I've spent on Pogo. The laughs and good humored fun will be remembered always. 

Message 26 of 58 (687 Views)

Re: The Coming of Canasta

★★★ Novice
@zpatsfan1265 thank you for expressing for many the frustration we are feeling about EA’s lack of listing around finding friends. I will also be leaving Pogo if this feature is not put in place. After many years of enjoyment.
Message 27 of 58 (678 Views)

Re: The Coming of Canasta

★★★ Apprentice

I love playing and talking to friends that I have meet here. But I do not think it will ever happen again. So I will not waste any more money here. There are too many free places to go to play games.

Message 28 of 58 (598 Views)

Re: Work around to have friends join you in pogo Spades (and other games)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Can they make finding your friends any more confusing  please fix this pogo or your going to loose all of the people who have been with you for years  yes I can hear you listening righ if its not fixed soon I wont be back

[CM Edit: Removed ALL CAPS to adhere to the Answers HQ rules.]

Message 29 of 58 (550 Views)

find friends doesn't work in hd games

★★★ Newbie

how come we get a nice new upgrade to hd, then can't play spades or canasta with who we want to?  my mom & played every day for years.  this is very maddening LOL  only a handful of ppl available, no 
friends" available when i know they are playing, is this being worked on?  ty!

Message 30 of 58 (571 Views)