Re: [Guide] How to save your game progress in The Sims Mobile

by bustynutz

Original Post

[Guide] How to save your game progress in The Sims Mobile

[ Edited ]
EA app Team

Link The Sims Mobile to your EA, Google Play, Game Center, Facebook or Twitter account to save your game. If you need to reinstall or switch devices, you can recover your game and pick up where you left off.

Don’t be that Sim — save your game.

WHY? GLAD YOU ASKED!

• You can play on multiple devices. Use your tablet at home for the larger screen, but play on your phone when you’re on-the-go.
  • Lost your mobile device or bought a new one? No problem. You can bring your progress with you!
  • You can recover your game progress. You might lose your game data if you do a factory reset, update your OS, or delete the app. If you linked to an account, you can get back in the game and pick up where you left off. 

WHAT IF I DON’T LINK MY GAME TO AN ACCOUNT?

If you don’t link to an account, then you’ll play as a guest. This means your game saves directly to your phone or tablet.

This has some drawbacks:

• You can only play your game on the device you created it on. Get a new device? Your game will not be able to move over.
  • You can lose your game progress. How? If you factory reset your device, install a major OS update, or delete the app, you can lose your game.
  • If you lose your game progress, it’s gone forever. We can’t recover your game.

OK, SO HOW DO I LINK MY GAME TO AN ACCOUNT?

You can log in with Facebook, Twitter, Game Center/Google Play*, or your EA Account.

*Google Play: we have received reports from different players for whom Google Play is not properly restoring their progress. To be safe, please, use a different account to save your progress while we investigate this.

Android

Spoiler
  1. Tap the arrow pull-out tab on the right side of the game screen.
  2. Tap the Settings cog tab.
  3. If you see the message, "Sign in to Google Play to play on other devices and see your achievements", tap the Connect button.
    • If you don’t see it, congratulations! You’re connected.

iOS

Spoiler

Make sure you’re signed in to Game Center

1. Open your phone or tablet’s Settings.
  2. Find and tap on Game Center.
  3. Tap Sign in and enter your Apple ID and password.
    • If you’re already signed in, you’re ready to connect your game.

Connect your game to Game Center

If you signed in to Game Center on your device, the game should connect automatically. You can check your game settings to be sure.

3. If you see the message, "Sign in to Game Center to play on other devices", tap the Connect button.
    • If you don’t see it, congratulations! You’re connected.

EA Account, Facebook and Twitter

Spoiler
  3. Tap the EA Account, Facebook or Twitter Connect button.

I JUST INSTALLED THE APP AGAIN OR IN A NEW DEVICE, BUT IT'S ASKING ME TO CREATE A SIM

You will be asked if you want to keep playing this new game and delete old progress or download your old progress once you log into an acount that has previous progress on it. To do that, you will need to play the initial tutorial, until the game settings are accessible in the right side of the screen.

Please, be careful when choosing which progress to keep, you don't want to delete the wrong save!

Source: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/the-sims/the-sims-mobile/save-your-game-progress-in-the-sims-mobile

Message 1 of 63 (60,799 Views)

★ Novice
I already logged in, but i still can't connect it to the game center. Help?
Message 2 of 63 (60,367 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA app Team

Hi @mo24ra,

Welcome to Answers HQ!

When you say you are logged in, you mean in your system settings? You need to be logged into your Apple ID account in your system settings > Game Center.

If you are, but the game is still giving you that message, could you try to restart the game? You would need to completely close it, and then open it again.

Let us know if that helps Standard smile

-Mai

Message 3 of 63 (60,348 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

In iOS you usually don't need to worry about manually saving the game, because all your devices will probably be permanently connected to the same Game Center account and that will be enough to keep everything synchronized. Only if you need to disconnect from Game Center you'll be running any risk of losing data. 

Even if you swap Game Center accounts on the same device they both will be pointing to the same game in the cloud, so it won't affect your game. But it can begin to get tricky if you have different games on different accounts on different devices, because then there'll be a chance of one being replaced by the other and you end up completely losing it, for example.

Message 4 of 63 (60,150 Views)

★★★ Novice

There is no choice on my setting tab Frown

Message 5 of 63 (57,701 Views)

Champion
You need to access Game Settings through your IOS device, not the Sims Mobile game settings.
AHQ Community Volunteer. I do not work for EA. EA Creator Network member
Message 6 of 63 (57,614 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Hmm I'm not using any ios, I actually using android
Any advice?
Message 7 of 63 (57,539 Views)

★★★ Newbie
My problem is the same as he is
Message 8 of 63 (57,536 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@zx_naufal

Hi!
If you read the first post in this thread, there are instructions on how to connect for Android too, did you try and it did not work? Standard smile
If there's a button that says "Cancel Connection" you're already connected. I am on android and the app asked me to connect first thing, so you might already have done it!
If you're unsure, take a screenshot of your settings and post it here.

Also, the social options are not available for all ages, what age did you enter when creating the game?

Message 9 of 63 (57,515 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Please refer to my save question,  as this does not aply , or im just simply missing something

thanks

Message 10 of 63 (57,146 Views)