[Guide] Aging and retirement in The Sims Mobile

by EA_Mai

Original Post

Re: [Guide] Aging and retirement in The Sims Mobile

★★ Guide
But I’ll miss my Sims when they retire?

They won’t be gone! They’ll still hang around your lot so you can interact with them, but they just become non-playable characters (NPCs).

Hi. 🙂 Please can the above be clarified? Do sims ultimately die?

Just asking because one of my sims can still interact with her mother, but the option to do the same with her father is greyed out. The latter was already retired when a birthday icon appeared. Clicking that prompted me to move him out.

Thanks! (And apologies in advance for any confusion on my part. 💐)

Message 11 of 26 (2,691 Views)

★★ Novice

What do you mean "through the family portrait?"  

Message 12 of 26 (2,674 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
So my first lot of sims have retired about 5-6 days ago, how long will it take for my second lot of sims to retire? I do play quite a lot.
Message 13 of 26 (2,619 Views)

★★ Novice
Is it true you have 24 hrs for a baby to age and 42 for a toddler to age. I finished a event with the toldler and the baby.
Message 14 of 26 (2,595 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
Yeah you have to wait 24 for a baby and 48 for a toddler. All though my 3rd toddler took 72 hours to age up but I’m not sure why
Message 15 of 26 (2,582 Views)

★★ Novice

If you check the wall sof your house there should be a family portrait somewhere. Mine popped up above my sofa.

While I'm here, anyone know if it's normal for your child to age and then not be playable and need to go through the relationship nonsense with his parents? Becuase that's what happened to me and I feel like my family tree is dead already. 

Message 16 of 26 (2,481 Views)

★★★ Novice
My original Sim had the option to retire quite a few times but I kept cancelling it.
Now I want to retire him as he has finished his Career and Hobby and he's helped with the Events but I am unable to manually select retirement for him.
What can I do to finally retire him and Promote another Sim to replace him?

Also, on a side note, my game constantly crashes when trying to play Videos so I am losing I don't know how many rewards. I keep doing the submit feedback option when it happens but I've had no response about it and quite frankly it's annoying me to say the least.
Message 17 of 26 (2,367 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide
I had also done this, I kept cancelling the Retirement Dialog of my Sim, I checked the trait Page and the Retire Option wasn't there, played a few days with him more and the Retirement Dialog re-appeared again, so I delayed his retirement and cancelled it, then I checked the Traits dialog for the Retire button, it was finally there.

I don't know if this is a bug or something, but once a Sim is ready to Retire, and we don't want that option yet, it should be made available right away on the Traits Catalog.

Also, we should have age bars, or something that says "x days until retirement", that would be neat. Just having "Every action ages up the Sim" is not enough to explain how they age (maybe since the Sim was made, the retirement day was already set?).

I would like to clarify too that everyday, the Trait XP Bar is capped, so you can't learn traits after maxing out the day's cap. I guess this is to prevent something, I don't know, because I do not really believe in, "Have 4 traits, then your Sim will be ready to retire" thing. They should also think about removing the trait XP cap someday, traits are the gamemakers, not the age deciders. Traits are like the abilities of the Sims.

Also, I've tracked some of my Sims Retirement Day and one of them was 1 week, the other being 9 days. I don't know how this system of aging works, it's never explained to the point.

I also had a 3-trait Sim once, it was ready to retire, that Sim was with me for a week only too. That Sim did not max out Job Levels, nor the Hobby.
Message 18 of 26 (2,313 Views)

★ Novice
When you retire your sim do they take with them the stickers they were awarded throughout the week?
Message 19 of 26 (2,254 Views)

★★★ Novice
I wasn't ready to retire but accidentally hit the way-too-frequent popup.... Is there really no way to bring back a retired sim???
Message 20 of 26 (2,230 Views)