by Elfybits

Original Post

Ground disappearing on lot- FIXED

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.64.84.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats and Dogs, City Living, Discover University, Get Famous, Get to Work, Get Together, Island Living, Seasons, Dine Out, Jungle Adventure, Parenthood, Realm of Magic, Spa Day, Laundry Day Stuff, Moschino Stuff, Perfect Patio Stuff, Vintage Glamour Stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Home/Residential lots are where the ground keeps disappearing.
What happens when the bug occurs? The ground keeps disappearing if I zoom in too closely, or rotate the camera to a certain angle. Sims and pets are still able to walk over the invisible ground, but I am not able to place anything on the ground in build/buymode or live mode. Not sure if having a basement on the lot effects this, but there is a basement, and you can see it through the ground.
What do you expect to see? A fully functioning ground.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. This began occurring after the most recent July (2020) patch. ****UPDATE**** I ended up bulldozing the terrain on the lot, and it deleted the Luminary's Exotic Water Garden I had outside, and now it's fine, so I believe that was the culprit. Could've been overlapping a floor tile I used for a sidewalk around it, with bb.moveobjects on. I re-arranged the tiles and placed the water garden back, and its fine.

Screenshot attached.

Message 1 of 3 (1,334 Views)

Re: Ground disappearing on lot- FIXED

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Encountered this same problem today. The 'Concrete Pavers with Gravel Accent' flooring tiles would disappear showing the bottom of the world/basement anytime the Luminary's Exotic Water Garden is placed on the lot. Problem was resolved by removing the water garden, though unlike OP, I could not replace it on the lot without the problem reoccurring.

EDIT: I can only seem to make this happen on the 64x64 lot in Brindleton Bay.

Message 2 of 3 (1,081 Views)

Re: Ground disappearing on lot- FIXED

★★★★ Expert

@Duskryder Did you also use moo to place the pond objects? It needs terrain underneath.

Message 3 of 3 (1,040 Views)