Great-grandparent

by Bmoyer00

Original Post

Great-grandparent

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Can we please fix the great-grandparent relation in the relationships area! One shouldn't be able to have a romantic relationship with a great-grandparent or any relative . It's just odd and shouldn't be that hard to fix.

Message 1 of 22 (935 Views)

Re: Great-grandparent

Champion (Retired)

@Bmoyer00 

If you have aging on romantic relations with a great grandparent wont happen as they will be dead.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 22 (904 Views)

★★★ Novice

I don't have aging on. However, I appreciate the suggestion.

Message 3 of 22 (899 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@Bmoyer00 

Then turn it on so you don't have the problem.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 4 of 22 (885 Views)

Why does my Sim have romance options with her great-grandson?

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

Why does my Sim have romance options with her great-grandson? Is it too far removed for the game to track it? (We guzzle Potion of Rejuvenation around here, that's how.)

The active Sim with the romance options is at the tippy-top (Nora). The target Sim is the Sim pictured at bottom left.

I do have mods, but nothing to allow anything like that! (After a bad experience I try not to play without the BrainBlasted Roommate Age Checks mod unless I'm testing something in a vanilla save for a bug report.) In fact, if I drag my mods folder to the desktop and relaunch I still have romance options.

I'm perfectly willing to accept the answer that "No, actually Xochi, we figured that if someone was a great-grandparent they would be on death's door and the great-grandchild would be a child, you big weirdo!"  Wink  It just seems WRONG that the option is there!

Message 5 of 22 (846 Views)

Re: Why does my Sim have romance options with her great-grandson?

★★★★ Expert
@xochiquetzl_xkvn Actually, I believe it was ALWAYS in the game like that.

And I do mean... ALWAYS.

When The Sims 1 first came out WAY back when... I tested that. (Finding game limits is just something I do) Sims 1 had the same thing. Game allowed romantic family relations with Great-GrandParents but nothing closer.
Message 6 of 22 (810 Views)

Hero
@xochiquetzl_xkvn Merged this with an existing thread on the topic

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 7 of 22 (789 Views)

★★★ Pro

It’s weird. Not so a problem if you play with aging on and only normal sim but with occults, especially vampires or witches with the immortal trait its awful. Because of this I have the rule occults are don’t allow to have children after gen 3 (founder is gen 1 for me). In my mind I explain it so that all occults have a curse which strike if they in gen 3.

Message 8 of 22 (780 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

@daikoyu  Yeah, exactly! That's one of my mixed occult families; Nora is a witch with the Immortal trait who drinks a lot of Potion of Rejuvenation, and the whole side of the tree with Caleb are vampires.The other side of the family is my Super Sim, so she's been a vampire and a spellcaster (not simultaneously) so she could do every aspiration and her children include a regular Sim who decided to eat mermadic kelp, Wink a vampire, and a mermaid (her husband is a merman). And yes, there have been alien abductions and we keep the children, as you see in the tree. We built a Servo at one point, too.  :D

So yeah, for a vampire... yikes.  I was watching Savannah's Legacy Challenge series on YouTube and she has autonomous woohoo and try for baby turned on in MCCC, and one of her heirs decided to autonomously knock up his great-great-Aunt because she has a bunch of normal humans and a single vampire. Yikes! She downloaded a new mod so she could set the vampire as his Aunt (and used MCCC to clear the pregnancy).

I mean, I don't have that setting and can just choose not to act on the romance options that are available, which is what I'm doing, but it was a bit jarring when I saw it.

The woman with the two-toned hair is an actress and was able to rehearse romance scenes with Caleb even though he's her step-grandfather, but I can kind of see that because they're no blood relation.

Edited to add: Alas, I needed great-grandchildren for Nora because my Super Sim Judith (her daughter) was doing Big Happy Family.

Message 9 of 22 (756 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@xochiquetzl_xkvn ah, sim genealogy trees, makes me laugh. I did wonder, where the heck did that alien come from, guess you got them abducted. I don't play aliens too much, I know you make one in edit mode, but if I recall you have them use the telescope and sometimes they get abducted. I think I played more vamps and witches than aliens, but I really should play one sometime. Few ever talk about plant sims, not sure if ppl like them or not. And was your servo in the family tree? I know in sims 3 you could add bots into your family, which was kinda neat, strange but neat and they talked to the microwave lol, always funny, and they blitz near water, meaning the poor servo can't fish.
Message 10 of 22 (727 Views)