Re: PS5 poor graphics

by skittles23o51ox

Original Post

Graphics

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

Dear EA and The sims team

I would like to ask for a next gen graphics update for the sims 4 the graphics are terrible makeup is blurred tattoos are blurred objects are blurred some skin tones are blurry and pixelated cas clothing is blurred the more detailing the clothing has the worse it looks sims faces are blurred when you zoom in if you use body details like freckles you can hardly see them scars on sims look blurry and look like someone painted them on with cheap paint console players have no way to change graphics so we are stuck with them.

All next gen consoles xbss xbsx ps5 need this update they all suffer the same below i have attached 2 screenshots one from me on xbox series another from my friend sand who plays on ps5 i hope this is something that you can do because its disheartening playing a game that looks like this thank you.

Message 1 of 11 (1,153 Views)

Re: Graphics

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

I’m the same. I have the ps4 pro but the graphics are awful! It’s stopped me buying any more packs and gave up playing. They told us graphics settings would be like ultra on pc but is low-medium at best, objects look bad too and I have jagged edges. Yet I can run other games with far more intensive graphics and they look pristine! 

Message 2 of 11 (1,078 Views)

★★★ Pro

@skittles23o51ox I thought the pro was enhanced the same as the xbox one x 

Message 3 of 11 (1,000 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Replying to say I just upgraded to ps5.. I’m so disappointed. Still got jagged edges and shimmering/weird lining (don’t know how else to describe it) in the distance. The graphics for this game on ps5 are medium-high. Sims look jaggy and blurry when zooming out even a little. 

Message 4 of 11 (814 Views)

PS5 poor graphics

★★★ Apprentice

I’m sorry if I’ve posted in the wrong place, but I’m wondering if anyone has any idea why the graphics on my ps5 for this game are so poor and/or any advice on how to fix them? I have resolution mode on. I am using an MSI Artymis MAG242c 1080p 165hz monitor if this makes any difference to anyone. I am able to play other games with pristine graphics but this and a few others, I’m not. The sims look awful unless you’re zoomed right in. Which goes for most things in the world. The shimmering buildings/objects in the distance and weird jumping lines on fencing when I’m moving around the map. There’s jagged edges on almost everything including sims. The graphics are medium to high at best. I’m incredibly disappointed as I’ve just upgraded to ps5 and stupidly expected graphics to be upgraded too. I see videos online showing with people their stunning sims 4 graphics on ps5 and I’m just confused as to why I don’t have them too. Am I doing something wrong?

Message 5 of 11 (787 Views)

Champion
@skittles23o51ox There are a couple of threads here that might be of interest. I understand your frustrations, I'm on Xbox Series S and really unhappy about the graphics problems.
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-PS5-Graphics-lowered-after-the-Adjusting-Graphics-Screen/...
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Consoles/PS4-XB1-Updating-Graphics-Settings-Message/td-p/...
I don't work for EA. I'm a Volunteer.
+XP for helpful answers from fellow players.
Accept as Solution helps others find the answer.
Message 6 of 11 (770 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

@simsplayer818 I don’t know why this keeps posting here!? It’s frustrating the life out of me because twice I have started a new topic on the consoles technical issues page, not once have I posted this as a reply to this thread. I even took screenshots because the same thing happened earlier and I had to do it all over again. For some reason it keeps posting it as a reply in this thread though

Message 7 of 11 (760 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

@simsplayer818 Also thank you for your help but it’s not this. I haven’t ever gotten a message like that before regarding my graphics on ps4 or ps5. It’s just always been this way. I figured it would be ps4 even though it was the pro. But looks like it’s the same on ps5 

Message 8 of 11 (756 Views)

Champion
@skittles23o51ox I'm pretty sure your post was merged with this thread by someone moderating it because of the similarities just to keep discussions together so that's why your posts keep moving.
I don't work for EA. I'm a Volunteer.
+XP for helpful answers from fellow players.
Accept as Solution helps others find the answer.
Message 9 of 11 (728 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@simsplayer818 oml that was driving me insane! I thought it was a glitch on the site or something.. thank you so much for explaining and saving me some sanity haha I really do hope they do something about this though. The jagged edges and low res sims above all else are things I just cannot play with as trivial as it might seem. On a powerful machine like a ps5 that can display much better looking games with no issues, it shouldn’t be a thing. I get better AA on my 10 year old laptop. Except it runs so poor. I assumed sims 4 on ps5 would give me the best of both worlds but EA said nope, keep dreaming
Message 10 of 11 (718 Views)