Re: Graduation: Option to attend missing

by ManaJanee

Original Post

★★★ Apprentice
@crinrictaltamimi997 I had a hard time getting my Sim to go into the ceremony....they kept dropping the action every time it came up. I think they hang out in front for a while, keep getting the action pop up and then suddenly they all go inside. What i was bummed about was the lack of ability to invite my sims family to attend. Nothing comes up to send out invitations. That is a huge part of graduation. (same with HS). I think any graduation from HS to College etc. should be treated as a goaled event where we have to send invites and plan it. That way everyone who was there has a memory
Message 11 of 24 (2,061 Views)

★★ Apprentice

There should be a way to force-attend graduation for people who this bug affects.

Message 12 of 24 (1,882 Views)

★★ Novice

I don’t have an option to attend graduation at all. I’ve never had a notification saying I’ve finished my classes, or final grade and I can’t select any building to attend a ceremony, yet I’ve successfully completed all coarse credits and term days left says: This Sim has Graduated. no more Terms to attend 

Message 13 of 24 (1,849 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Same problem.  Get to the campus early (8am) because we lived at home.

Have hot chocolate, hang out

Am told it's happening, select "Attend"

Am put in robes outside stadium (Brite)

Others show up

Others disappear

I HEAR the graduation happening, but I'm standing outside, with no option to go in, to any building, and attend

Others show up, cheer, throw caps

I'm told the ceremony is happening but can't get in.

I don't have a building to delete, "commons" as I'm at Brite

Message 14 of 24 (1,836 Views)

★★★★ Novice

This is what happened to me. Unfortunately I had to exit the game. I exited the game losing my progress to restart my degree. I saved before graduation - this time it worked for me. But I do save the day/morning of graduation now everytime just incase.

Message 15 of 24 (1,837 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Update.  Logged out, rebooted, fresh start, still no go, standing outside in cap and gown.  This time only 2 of the 5 people standing there went in, came out and tossed caps.

Message 16 of 24 (1,794 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Adding pictures to show my problem.  Both are invited, it's on the calendar for the couple

Show up, chilling, having cocoa, told it's happening: 

Moments later, get the formal "invite"

Press OK, now I'm out front with others in gowns, but no option to go in.

Others go in, come out, toss hats, I hear the ceremony, but am never allowed in

I'm stuck, I am playing because of the pack and the pack is broken, so no longer playing, which seems to be the case with every pack.  I really should stop buying packs until 6 months later when they're 50% off and patched.  Why can't I learn, it's not like EA isn't consistent in this :P

Message 17 of 24 (1,789 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@ManaJanee@emilyjamo@Mieyonna04@KillerRaven125 , and @MacAllen , did all of you try the solution to your problem? Wondering  The solution is found on page one just under the Original Post, and has a black circle with a green check mark in it.  It was posted by @Meeraa8Angel

If you have tried the solution and are still having problems, then do any of you use Mods or Custom Content (CC)? Wondering  If so, please do all of the following:

1) Move the Mods Folder to your desktop

2) Delete localthumbcache.package file in the game folder.

3) Fix you game in Origin by logging in and go to Library, then right-click on The Sims 4 and choose the "Repair Game" option from the list.  Wait until Origin finishes repairing all your packs and not just the base game.

4) Now, when you turn on your game again, it will create a new mods folder that will be empty.  Check to see if your game is now working without mods/CC.

5) Now you can try adding back items from your Mods folder one at a time checking your game each time to see which item is causing your game to not work properly.  If you have a lot of items, you can try the 50/50 Method. 

The CC creators will usually update the CC items and Mods after these updates, so when you find out which one is the culprit, you can get the updated version from whoever made that item of CC in the first place.  You should try these steps anytime you have problems in your game to rule out CC/Mods problems.  It is the responsibility of the Mods/CC creators to update their items anytime EA releases a patch/update, and it is the responsibility of the people who use Mods/CC to make sure they are using the most recent version. 

Now, if this doesn't work, there might be another problem with your game. But before we can address that we need to rule out Mods/CC use. Wink
Please update us on if you tried the solution yet , and if it worked or not.  Also, please update us on if any of you use Mods/CC and if the procedure listed above works or not! Angel

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 18 of 24 (1,713 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I have no CC, no mods, no scripts, no cheats, straight up vanilla game with all of the expansions and packs.  Deleting that file was the first thing I tried when I found that thread...it didn't exist.  I'll try the "repair game" when I get home (I'm at work).  Thanks for the reply.

Message 19 of 24 (1,683 Views)

Champion

@MacAllen  thanks for your reply! Angel Don't know if all of these instances of not being able to graduate are being caused by the same thing or not Wondering , but if you tried the solution and don't play with Mods/CC then there is certainly something wrong. Frown Still, it will be helpful to see if repairing does anything to your game, but I do believe that some others have tried a repair and it didn't change anything.Disappointed   Anyway, please update us with the results after you try the repair. Angel

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 20 of 24 (1,668 Views)