Going to university sells sim's business

by grubbysims

Original Post

Going to university sells sim's business

★★★★★ Novice

When my sim, who is the only sim in the household, enrolls in university, everything he owns gets sold, including a retail business I don't want to sell as it is essentially a museum housing  complete collectibles collections gathered over 4 previous generations. When I move from one world into another, I expect to only sell my home, not owned businesses. Am I doing something wrong?

Message 1 of 7 (551 Views)

Re: Going to university sells sim's business

Hero (Retired)
@grubbysims You are not doing anything wrong. I ran in to the same issue with my legacy sim. The game moves your single sim to a brand new household when you move to university housing. Your original household will be lost since it is empty.

You can add a rando sim to your original household to "hold" the household until your sim finishes university, or you can just have your sim go to university from the home lot instead. This keeps your sim in their household with everything intact.
Message 2 of 7 (547 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Thank you! - figured as much. I ended up enabling free build on the foxbury campus and turned Maritime Manor into a private residence.  I rebuilt it so my sim could live there without losing his businesses. Would be nice if EA made university attendance more like a "vacation" or didn't sell businesses so we didn't have to find such extreme work-arounds!

Message 3 of 7 (529 Views)

★ Guide

Can't you just go to uni from your home lot? Not ideal, but hopefully that wouldn't sell anything?

Message 4 of 7 (519 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Yes, you can go to university from your homelot in any world, but if you want to move to a Britechester world campus, your only option is to sell your home and, apparently, any businesses you own as well are force sold. Plus, it wiped out my household collection except for a few items in my sim’s personal inventory. Moving to university housing functions as if the household is being split instead of just moving. I wanted to live on Foxhury campus but keep my businesses plus my completed collection set.

Message 5 of 7 (491 Views)

★ Guide

Hi,

I found a way to solve it. All I did was "hiring" a mate who was left in the house keeping it. Once my sim finished her degree, she came back home and the hired friend was kicked out.

Message 6 of 7 (474 Views)

★ Guide

What collection was removed and where was it @grubbysims ?

Message 7 of 7 (458 Views)