Glitches?

by MsVerbalKint

Original Post

Glitches?

★★★ Novice

Hi All,

I am not sure if this is a glitch or deliberate?

I have the parenthood pack and I find that there are plenty of glitches surrounding the high chair during gameplay.

When you put the toddler sims to sleep in the bed it takes a long time to get the energy level to fill up whereas if you put them to sleep in the high chair, the energy builds a lot faster.

I was wondering if there was someway that the developers can fix this situation and make it so that the beds provide more energy than the high chair.

Another thing I was wondering about is more of a design aspect than anything else.

Again this kinda also relates to sims needs. If youre building a house with a certain theme in mind from certain packs youu might decide you like a certain type of bed and its cheaper however the energy release is slower on certain beds and the comfort release for certain chairs is the same, so while I might prefer to have a theme going I often tend to opt for the items in catalog that benefit the needs rather than the design. 

If anyone has any help or advice with this I'd be grateful 

Thank you in advance 

Message 1 of 12 (600 Views)

Re: Glitches?

[ Edited ]
Champion

@MsVerbalKint This is some great feedback! Thank you!

💡I never even noticed that the energy goes up faster with the high chairs than toddler beds - or that they can sleep in the high chair! I'm assuming this may be a nap rather than sleeping. You may then also find that they get more energy from a nap on a very comfortable chair or couch in the living room that has an energy level, if this is your goal. Personally I find with toddlers it for me it's somewhat like in RL... the sleeping/napping they do in their bed is a break for the tired parent. I don't really want it to end faster! 😂
But... it would be a lovely idea for a bed or two with a higher comfort &/or energy level for toddlers be added to the game for those who want this. 

🛏️ With the release of Tiny Living developers added an interaction that is somewhat of what you're asking for that you may not be aware of. Though a children's bed that is "uncomfortable for adults" will still give discomfort, you can now upgrade a couple of aspects of all beds to make them improved and make it more feasible to use a less expensive bed more 'helpfully'/comfortably with a sim. There are still benefits to certain beds that the upgrade will not match, but these beds are much nicer now if you have a handy sim upgrade them. 

💡It would be nice if upgrade options would also be possible for chairs, loveseats, and sofas, though, for the reasons you mentioned - for when a player prefers the style of a less expensive item, but would like to add comfort, energy, etc. to it. I like that idea!! 

I like your ideas and am giving this an 'XP' and 'Me Too'! 🤞🏻

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 2 of 12 (582 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hi,

Thank you for your reply Standard smile

I just noticed the update option for beds recently and thought that was a great idea. 

I think that the toddler beds should also have themes like for instance theres the car bed which is really cool but like theres a game on the tablet called simshape so a simshape themed bed or a mermaid bed would be pretty cool.

I think that for those handy sims the introduction of cars would be pretty neat as they could probably set up their own business as a mechanic 

I'm probably rambling on lol but the design aspect is something that I love, however I cannot make a decent garden to save my life haha

Message 3 of 12 (576 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@MsVerbalKint I agree on the interest in a car fixing aspect. I think they could sell that as a pack and find a lot of interest. I completely understand that the open world thing is out as it bogged down Sims 3 too much. But...

If there could be the addition of a fade-in and fade-out car, like in Sims 2 and like how they leave the lot - but that lasted until a house/lot or half of one down the street, people would love that. It would be fun if we could have a bus, delivery cars, taxi, moving van, etc. with the animation. 🚕🚚🚌🚗🚙

A step further that maybe could even be added with a pack if need be is to make the ability to add a garage and driveway and the ability to buy a car  to use for work/travel. How fun would it be if we could work on the car in the garage to maintain, repair or upgrade it, and if our sim could get handiness skill points for this?! I think builders and players alike could go crazy with this and have a lot of fun! 🏎️🚗🚙

I must admit I was disappointed that no new beds came in the toddler stuff pack. It would be lovely to have one added to base game at some point - as you say, maybe with some fun new designs and some additional comfort, stress relief, or energy. 🤔

Message 4 of 12 (552 Views)

★★★ Novice

I totally agree!

I reckon my own PC wouldnt have the capabilities of the open car travel thing as I reckon it would be more demanding on the graphics card, and there would probably be lagging.

Can I ask do you have a mermaid sim? if so how do you handle the hydration need constantly depleting

Message 5 of 12 (544 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@MsVerbalKint I do have mermaids but have not played them for any length of time recently. In my home with them I made sure that they had at least one tub, and mine also had an indoor pool and lived on the ocean shore. They do need to have regular time in the water or they will have issues with their scales and hydration. So, the most primary thing you should do is to make sure they have easy access to ways to hydrate plus to watch for not queueing the up for activity so much of the time that they don't have time to autonomously keep hydrated when the need goes down. 🧜‍♀️... Or also queue them up for hydration time.

Message 6 of 12 (527 Views)

★★★ Guide

LOL I didn’t notice you could put your toddler to sleep in the highchair either, much less notice the sleep rate differential...(!) I actually avoid using the high chair because interactions with it were problematic and slow. I may totally re-eval my opinion of this object now! Thx! 🙃

Message 7 of 12 (475 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

PS Waahaha! I just noticed your login @MsVerbalKint! I’m sooo Team Keyser Soze too! 😄

Message 8 of 12 (474 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@suzushka 

@PugLove888 and I call it the 'evil highchair' 🔥😱. I only add it occasionally to a build for theme purposes anymore... and otherwise avoid it like the plague! 😇😂 
They've improved the high chair interactions recently, but I have PTSD from it and have alternative feeding methods that work just fine for me, so I'm happy.

Message 9 of 12 (460 Views)

★★★ Guide
@SheriGR ditto re: high-chair related PTSD!
Message 10 of 12 (446 Views)