Give us the old Pogo Games Files!

by gabe80million

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Give us the old Pogo Games Files!

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Edit: At this point, all I ask is for the source code for said games, except Shuffle Bump, I need all of the files for it, due to me not having access to them. 

Hello All, and EA! I come to this forum to ask for EA to release the old Club Pogo game files, including the server stuff to allow the games to actually run!

I was talking to an EA representative, and they said if I made a forum and enough people agreed, they would do it, so please, do what we can to get these games back

I made a forum on pogo forums, which goes like this:

Hello all! So sorry to bother, but I was wondering if I could have the files required to run the old .jar games? I really want to play Squelchies. I would love to play Shuffle Bump, as well, but I don't have the .swf files (Flash) for it. Squelchies seems to be needing something from EA's old servers, specifically "package com.pogo.game.client;" "import com.pogo.util.thin.h;" "import com.pogo.external.page.a;" "import com.pogo.util.thin.b;" "import com.pogo.util.thin.h;".

Yes, I know Java and Flash are no longer supported, which is why I want to run them on my computer itself. You guys don't need the files anymore, why not let the people that loved the game have them, or purchase them if neccessary?

It was the only memories I really had of my grandmother, whom passed early @ 64 due to cancer, and seeing these gone broke my heart and I, to this day, have been trying my hardest to get these games to work. There are a very small few Flash games on some emulators, but it doesn't suffice.

Please, and thank you for reading
~Gabe

p.s. her screenname was angelbees

Again, please reply if you agree, we can emulate them on some emulator _somewhere_ if they work!

Thank you for reading!
        ~Gabe

Message 8 of 35 (2,532 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Give us the old Pogo Games Files!

Community Manager

Hi @gabe80million,

We don't have much information on the forums for business-related needs, press reviews, or review keys as we don't directly handle these requests on Answers HQ. 

There are a few sources you can reach out to. If you want one for the purposes of a review you can submit a request here: PR Contacts

• You may also want to check out our Partner (ea.com) page.

Additionally, if you are looking to become more active with EA games and are hoping to provide early feedback you can consider joining the EA Creator Network.

Lastly, if you want to use EA content for any reason we have a forum you can fill out here: How to request permission to use EA content

Hope these help!

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

View in thread

Message 23 of 35 (2,723 Views)

All Replies

Give us the old Club Pogo game files!

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Edit2: Thank you moderator for merging this with the new one, anyone reading this part may disregard.

Hello All, and EA! I come to this forum to ask for EA to release the old Club Pogo game files, including the server stuff to allow the games to actually run!

I was talking to an EA representative, and they said if I made a forum and enough people agreed, they would do it, so please, do what we can to get these games back

I made a forum on pogo forums, which goes like this:

Hello all! So sorry to bother, but I was wondering if I could have the files required to run the old .jar games? I really want to play Squelchies. I would love to play Shuffle Bump, as well, but I don't have the .swf files (Flash) for it. Squelchies seems to be needing something from EA's old servers, specifically "package com.pogo.game.client;" "import com.pogo.util.thin.h;" "import com.pogo.external.page.a;" "import com.pogo.util.thin.b;" "import com.pogo.util.thin.h;".

Yes, I know Java and Flash are no longer supported, which is why I want to run them on my computer itself. You guys don't need the files anymore, why not let the people that loved the game have them, or purchase them if neccessary?

It was the only memories I really had of my grandmother, whom passed early @ 64 due to cancer, and seeing these gone broke my heart and I, to this day, have been trying my hardest to get these games to work. There are a very small few Flash games on some emulators, but it doesn't suffice.

Please, and thank you for reading
~Gabe

p.s. her screenname was angelbees

Again, please reply if you agree, we can emulate them on some emulator _somewhere_ if they work!

Thank you for reading!
        ~Gabe

EDIT: I know this is in the wrong section now, I have moved it to the correct thread, I apologize for that. Please close this if necessary, for I cannot find the delete button. Thank you.

Message 1 of 35 (2,559 Views)

Re: Give us the old Club Pogo game files!

★★★★★ Newbie

I second this. I'm friends with someone who absolutely loved the old Club Pogo games.

Not only would this be good to help a lot of people relive some classic memories, it's also very good for software preservation!

Message 2 of 35 (2,542 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i agree i need them back

Message 3 of 35 (2,528 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I also agree, we need these back.

Message 4 of 35 (2,512 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I would REALLY like this, because it'd be a good way to relive the fun we had years back.

Message 5 of 35 (2,446 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@gabe80million Heavily Agree, Give us the games EA!
Message 6 of 35 (2,445 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
I SECOND THIS EA you better listen or i'll break into your office and kill all your guards (not really tho i just wanted to say that lol)
Message 7 of 35 (2,431 Views)

★★★ Newbie

yes bring this back

Message 9 of 35 (2,494 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

yes, bring it back EA.

mr gabe here (All Over Windows (you should subscribe to him on youtube)) loves pogo games!

do it now.

EA, you better be listening.

Message 10 of 35 (2,463 Views)