Ghost with no tombstone/urn?

by greenean71

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Ghost with no tombstone/urn?

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Hello all. So yet another weird thing going on in my game. Is it normal to have a ghost from another lot show up on your lot your are currently playing without a tombstone/urn? I have a ghost that appeared from nowhere that I have no tombstone/urn for on my lot I am playing and she is not related to anyone on my lot. 

My question is where did she come from? The lot she died on is not even close to the lot I am currently playing. Maybe the new patch did something to cause this.

*Edit* I removed all tombstone/urns from my lot and I am still getting a ghost. 

Message 1 of 3 (6,024 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Ghost with no tombstone/urn?

Hero

@greenean71 

Ghosts still show up in the game even with no tombstones.  If you are playing on a lot with the Spooky lot trait, that actually attracts ghosts and they will visit often.  If you don't have any in the game, the game will make one for this.  There is also ghost night at the bars where the game will use ghosts from sims who died but are still in the game or will make them so you get ghosts coming to the bar..  And every now and then, I get ghosts of dead NPCs and playables that just show up at a venue.  Not often but it does happen.  I have even had a ghost stall vendor before.

Tombstones or urns on the lot where one of your playable sims died will also give you ghosts.  They will show up now and then depending on whether you used the option to strengthen their bond to the world they may only stick around for a short time or a longer time.  If you release them to the netherworld, they are gone for good though.  What option you use is up to you.  

You can also befriend and ask or invite a ghost to join the household so then they will be playable.

Hope this helps.

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (5,962 Views)

All Replies

Hero

@greenean71 

Ghosts still show up in the game even with no tombstones.  If you are playing on a lot with the Spooky lot trait, that actually attracts ghosts and they will visit often.  If you don't have any in the game, the game will make one for this.  There is also ghost night at the bars where the game will use ghosts from sims who died but are still in the game or will make them so you get ghosts coming to the bar..  And every now and then, I get ghosts of dead NPCs and playables that just show up at a venue.  Not often but it does happen.  I have even had a ghost stall vendor before.

Tombstones or urns on the lot where one of your playable sims died will also give you ghosts.  They will show up now and then depending on whether you used the option to strengthen their bond to the world they may only stick around for a short time or a longer time.  If you release them to the netherworld, they are gone for good though.  What option you use is up to you.  

You can also befriend and ask or invite a ghost to join the household so then they will be playable.

Hope this helps.

Message 2 of 3 (5,963 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

@CGrant56 wrote:

@greenean71 

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the reply. I have never seen a ghost without a tombstone/urn in my 3 years of playing the game. I never have a spooky lot trait mainly because I don't want the ghosts. They are a huge nuisance. I always release the sprit into the netherworld as soon as a Sim dies. The ghosts in Sims 4 are just ridiculous. With that being said, I hope the ghost with no tombstone isn't a regular thing because if so I'll have to find a new way to play the game.

Message 3 of 3 (5,944 Views)