Re: Get to work expansion pack

by Shawnie48

Original Post

Get to work expansion pack

★ Apprentice

I recently purchased Sims 4 deluxe edition. After establishing my town, I realized there are not many workers in some of the venues created. Do I need to purchased Get to Work expansion pack in order for these business to operate? I haven't tried it in other worlds yet, so I'm not sure if it works there. Thanks. 

Message 1 of 4 (254 Views)

Champion

@Shawnie48 Can I ask a clarification of what businesses that you are not seeing employees at in your game? Are you talking about the businesses that come in the towns or businesses that you made or placed into the town/s? If you only have the basegame - though it has additional stuff the deluxe version is still the basegame - you will not have all of the business types available that certain expansions add. If you would like to have additional types of businesses in the game you can explore information about other packs here:
https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/packs

Venues do not necessarily have many employees at them when you visit (or other townie's for that matter, depending on the time you visit and other factors). This can fluctuate. You can also check in the settings in your game. Some settings (auto-fill houses, how many 'other households'/total Sims are in your world, etc.) can affect the number of Sims you will see as you move throughout the world/s with your Sim/s.

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 2 of 4 (236 Views)

★ Apprentice
@SheriGR Oh I see, that makes sense. It was a grocery store and shopping center I created in Newcrest. There was only employee working in one of them. I kinda figured in order to have a thriving town is to purchase other expansion packs. It's a good thing they are on sale. Thanks 😊
Message 3 of 4 (201 Views)

Champion

@Shawnie48 Yes, Get to Work will allow you to add &/or purchase retail stores. They are not grocery stores per-se, but you can sell prepared food and most produce on shelves by ringing them up for individual items, or by adding 'Lice Cold Freezer/s' to the lot and dragging produce (not herbs or spinach) and prepared meals/baked goods into the freezer, and in the store the items in this freezer are automatically for sals... and customers can purchase directly from them (without being checked out)... easy-peasy... my favorite item in the whole pack, and one of my faves in the whole game for that matter! If you don't own one of the stores the game will automatically run it.

You will need Dine Out if you want to add restaurants, and you can own them also. And if you don't own those the game runs them for you.

Country Living is really cool and adds the ability to order your groceries, and you can sell your produce in a 'Farmer's Market' type of way: https://youtu.be/Kgtgookxjtc

Anyway rather than going down a rabbit hole of which packs add which features, those are some initial thoughts on some features that may be of interest, and you can learn much more at that link I shared with details on packs. Have fun! 

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 4 of 4 (192 Views)