Re: Get to Work Needs Some Updates

by SqueamishNerd

Original Post

Champion

@RonneeSimmer, I would probably wait until we know more about The Sims 5 before making such a decision.  While I don't expect to ever get the amount of fun and satisfacton as I got from TS2, I still have enjoyed TS3 and TS4.  
However, with TS3, I had a ton of problems.  It is my least favorite version of The Sims. Frown  I still love it because it is a Sims game, but it was pretty much unplayable as time went on.  Great ideas, but great ideas arent' enough if you can't play the game. :_( 

But, if i wrote off all future Sims titles, during TS3 , then I never would have discovered that TS4 was improved (from my perspective)!   So, you might find TS5 (if and when we get TS5) to be completely different and more to your likeing.  You don't have to have high expectations, just don't throw out the baby with the bathwater, so to speak! Wink  

I also don't listen much to strangers' reviews, unless they have in the past tended to the same conclusions as I have.  A trusted reviewer, friend, or family memeber are people I take more stock in when it comes to things like this.  (Even with resturant reviews... I prefer to listen to people who know me and my likes and dislikes and not some random person.)  I realize that I am a random person to you, but I'm not telling you to absolutely buy TS5 or to absolutely not buy TS5 -- I'm just suggesting that you wait and see, and also keep an open mind ! Wink

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 11 of 18 (855 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@RonneeSimmer Well, I've played them all and I can definitely say that each one was MUCH different than the others. Sims 1 was very new and brought things noone had ever seen before. Sims 2 expanded the world by quite a bit. Added a lot of new features. Sims 3 enormously expanded the world, quite a bit TOO much because it ended up being too large for most computers to handle, even today. Sims 4 completely redesigned how sims work and interact with the whole "moods" thing. CAS was improved greatly.

Each one has good points and bad, we'll just have to keep telling EA what we want and see how it turns out.

The only way I won't purchase 5 is if the make it multiplayer. I can't stand multiplayer.
Message 12 of 18 (841 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

I just found this fan-made Strangetown map drawn in TS4 style. 😍 There are Strangetown-sims in the TS4 gallery, it would make sense to also have Strangetown, so that they have somewhere to live, don't you think?

Strangetown.jpg

Note that I don't own this picture, you can find the creator here.

Message 13 of 18 (834 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@SqueamishNerd, it would make sense to have Strange Town if we didn't already have 2 desert towns, one of which is called Strangerville. Raised eyebrow That is just too close to warrant another similarly named desert town. Wink  Plus, that would be a lot of work for EA since a good portion of the people who play TS4 never played TS2 and don't even know what Strage Town was! Frown  It is a lot easier to make Sims in CAS than it is to make a world.  Most people would just put their Strange Town Sims in either Oasis Springs or in Strangerville! Standard smile

Message 14 of 18 (799 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

@PugLove888But IF we got Magnolia Promenade updated with the police station and the hospital, where would the science lab go? The science lab is in the desert, and since it came with GTW it can’t be placed in neither Oasis Springs nor in Strangerville. And IF they gave us access to the police station and the hospital, but not the science lab, people would probably get angry that they didn’t get the science lab too. So, basically, they would have to give us another desert world if we were given access to the science lab.

Also, TS2 Strangetown is about aliens, which we got in GTW, so it would make sense to have Strangetown coming with GTW.

Btw, Strangerville has only one empty lot, and three empty houses, where one of them is too small for more than one sim to live in. So, it doesn’t make that much sense that they put the TS2 Strangetown sims on the gallery just when they released Strangerville but didn’t give space for them in Strangerville. The Strangetown families can’t live in Strangerville if you don’t evict and rebuild some of the lots.

Message 15 of 18 (782 Views)

Champion

@SqueamishNerd, your ideas are very creative and interesting!  Standard smile  And it would be nice to have some updates.  I just don't think that EA is going to go this way.  I really don't see them spending time upgrading something that isn't base game! Disappointed    I can just see everyone upset that instead of giving a free update to the base game that everyone can enjoy, they give one to an EP ... everyone on Twitter and elsewhere will be very angry at this "What do you mean I have to buy a pack I didn't want just to be able to get the free content this update is offering?!? That's not fair"  or if they give out something big like a science lab to everyone the people who bought the game will feel ripped off!  That will really cause anger.  

However, if they are planning on making a TS5, your suggestions could be put to use there! These aspects will be easier to implement from the ground up anyway. Wink

Message 16 of 18 (768 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

@PugLove888Yeah, most of this will probably never happen, I can just hope!

But making the Sixam lot habitable would be possible though, I’m pretty sure of it. I mean, I don’t know how it works with the lots that are locked to be one type of lot and can’t be changed, if it’s easy for them to change that, but the knowledge I have in programming tells me that it’s probably just set as a rule that can easily be changed.

I came to think about something with the townie jobs, actually it wouldn’t make sense to update that only for GTW, it should be in the base game.

Message 17 of 18 (763 Views)

★★★★ Pro

So, I've been thinking, and I've realised that townie jobs (or NPC jobs) shouldn't be updated only for Get to Work, it should be in the base-game.

So I made a separate post about townie jobs: https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion-and-Feedback/Manage-Jobs-and-NPC-Jobs/m-p/8375411#M1761...

Message 18 of 18 (703 Views)