Re: Get famous bug

by pyretta2

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Get famous bug

★★ Novice

The Get Famous ext is having major issues. First it was they wouldn't go to their gigs, and now she's MEAN!! Even to her own child, she go the no touch quirk but she's constantly "reacts in disgust" no matter who it is, she won't practice scenes with any other sim either. I ha e tried uninstalling the ext pack and reinstalling it and still the same issue. 

Message 1 of 9 (2,115 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
EA DICE Team

Hello there, 

We are tracking some of the issues below and recommend that you take a look. 

Issues with Celebrity reacts in disgust with everyone

Issues with Acting Career Sim not getting gig pop-up

Issues with "No Touching" quirk not working as described

With that said I will be closing this topic. 

/Atic 

View in thread

Message 9 of 9 (1,901 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Guide

This is a known bug  and there is a workaround that works for some 

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/WORKAROUND-GF-Acting-Career-Sim-not-getting-gig-pop-up/m-p/893...

Message 2 of 9 (2,081 Views)

★★★ Expert

@pyretta2 The acting gig issue is a known bug that I am keeping my fingers crossed will be fixed in the next patch release tomorrow. This might just be wishful thinking on my part, I haven't heard any official news on this one way or the other.

The No Touching quirk is only supposed to mean that your Sim hates physical contact with "strangers with less Fame than your Sim". It's not supposed to affect family members or Sims in a close relationship. It does sound like yours might be bugged. Have you tried the "Quirk-B-Gone" potion from the aspiration rewards store to remove that quirk? You can use also testingcheats on then shift + click your Sim, go to the public image menu, and remove the quirk from there.

Message 3 of 9 (2,059 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Novice
@RandomBuzziness I will try the potion. And let ya know! Thanks
Message 4 of 9 (2,039 Views)

★★ Novice

Nope didn't work ):😣

Message 5 of 9 (2,006 Views)

★★★ Expert

@pyretta2 What happened when your Sim drank the potion? Did the quirk go away at all? I found an old Bug Report on Get Famous quirks not removing properly but it said that bug was fixed last September. The last post in that thread says the testingcheats method of removing the quirk should work. Have you tried that one?

1) Enable testingcheats
2) Shift + click on Sim
3) Click on Public Image...
4) Click on Remove Fame Quirk...
5) Click on the quirk you wish to remove

remove fame quirk.JPG

Here is what happened when I tried it:

Before using CheatBefore using CheatAfter using CheatAfter using Cheat

Here is a link to that Bug Report:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/FIXED-GF-Removing-quirk-Sim-behaves-as-still-there/td-p/718970...

I hope some of this helps :D

Message 6 of 9 (1,984 Views)

★★ Novice

Im on an Xbox so I can't do that. And it removed the quirk but she still has the react in disgust pop up constantly. It's beyond frustrating 😣

Message 7 of 9 (1,966 Views)

★★★ Expert

@pyretta2 To open (or close) the cheat window on Xbox One, hold all four shoulder buttons at once. You can then type testingcheats on in the cheats window. To execute a shift + click on XBox One, hold B and press A.

One work-around I saw in the Bug Report suggested re-adding the quirk by using testingcheats and then removing it one more time.

Message 8 of 9 (1,951 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA DICE Team

Hello there, 

We are tracking some of the issues below and recommend that you take a look. 

Issues with Celebrity reacts in disgust with everyone

Issues with Acting Career Sim not getting gig pop-up

Issues with "No Touching" quirk not working as described

With that said I will be closing this topic. 

/Atic 

Message 9 of 9 (1,902 Views)