Re: Get Famous - Music Station Bug

by anneke33

Original Post

Get Famous - Music Station Bug

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.59.73.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I have: Get to Work, Get Famous, Cats and Dogs, Magic Realm, Discover University & City Living.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? The bug is with Get Famous. There is a music station that you can use to produce your own music. I think the bug came with the game because as long as I have had it, the music station has never worked.
What happens when the bug occurs? I can send my sim to it and she begins "making music" but the activity doesn't show a time limit and she never generates a mix. Eventually her needs decay and I have to stop the activity but it never produces a mix.
What do you expect to see? I expect my sim to generate music from using the music station.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

The music station seems like it works fine but it just doesn't produce any music. You can send your sim to it and they begin mixing music and the music station starts making sounds but then you're trapped in this eternal activity that never produces anything but a waste of time. I have maxed out all my sims needs and made her become inspired just to sit on the music station for upwards of 5-6 sim hours just to have to jump off at the last possible second (before said sim has an accident) because you are still waiting to see if something will come of the hours you put in. I can even use a music station at a venue, still no music. 

Message 1 of 4 (474 Views)

Hero
@BluDare It's not very self-explanatory but you need to stop the mix yourself. If you choose Burn Track you will be promoted to pick a name.

You can make mixes as long as you want this way.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 4 (438 Views)

Hero
@BluDare Moving this to game info for further info and discussion

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 4 (400 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Like @crinrict said, you have to click the music station again and choose to burn the track. I look at the mixing thing as a way to raise their skill, like practising on the piano for example. 

Message 4 of 4 (390 Views)