Gardening bugs with Eco-Lifestyle

by Riyya

Original Post

Gardening bugs with Eco-Lifestyle

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Something has gone terribly wrong with plants and gardening.  Last night, I decided to try out a gardening sim with the new expansion.  So I planted a bunch of things (at normal quality) and played for a few hours.  But eventually I noticed that my plants were up to perfect quality already, but I had never evolved them.  However, the produce they generated was not perfect quality.  (This, incidentally, also made progressing in the gardening aspiration impossible because I couldn't evolve 5 plants; they were evolving automatically.)

I tried again tonight.  Made a new sim.  Planted things at normal quality.  Took a break from the game for an hour to have dinner.  When I loaded it up after dinner, those plants were Excellent quality.  The same ones that were normal quality when I quit the game.

There are also some odd bugs with Sage.  It sometimes doesn't list having a season, and it goes back and forth between its planted bush-like shape and the small herb-like shape even while planted.  (So sometimes it looks like a piece of sage is just there on the ground; sometimes it is a bush.  I keep thinking I forgot to plant it, but no.  The graphic is unstable.)  I think I saw one of the other herbs (basil or parsley) do that once, but I couldn't remember which one.

A lot of wild plants are also now having weird bugs.  For instance, they will sparkle like they can be harvested when they aren't even in their fully-grown form.  (I saw this on plants in the Willow Creek park and also just plants around the neighborhood, so it seems to be pervasive.) 

Also, I'm not sure if this is a bug or not, but bonding with bees generates a huge amount of influence, which seems odd.  (Talking to plants does too.)

I hope the auto-evolving issue can be patched at some point because I really love gardening in the Sims!  But it isn't satisfying if the plants just magically become perfect!

Message 1 of 28 (14,039 Views)

Re: Gardening bugs with Eco-Lifestyle

★★ Apprentice

I am having trouble with my plants too, I had trees fully grown and when I went to play the game two of the trees had gone to just planted stage, some plants disappeared after being planted by my sim and later on turned up on the ground as in pre planting stage, please sort this, gardening is very important in my game play. I don't think I will be playing sims 4 if not fixed.

Very unhappy player!

Message 2 of 28 (13,964 Views)

★ Guide

I’m having the same problem with sage and basil, in particular, they keep flipping back and forth between bush and plant.

All plants are also reverting from fully grown to just-planted stage a lot of the time, usually overnight, but I can’t at the moment find anything that triggers it. It’s a mess, basically.

Message 3 of 28 (13,927 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I'm having the perfect plant glitch too.  I also have some plants that go back to their normal state but I cant evolve them ike I normally would.  I 've also had townies coming onto my home lot and harvesting!!

Message 4 of 28 (13,904 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@cikafitz 

A workaround for this is to buy a vertical garden and drag the affected plants there. They will regain correct size and stay that way.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 5 of 28 (13,864 Views)

★ Guide

@jpkarlsen wrote:

@cikafitz 

A workaround for this is to buy a vertical garden and drag the affected plants there. They will regain correct size and stay that way.

Interesting, thanks. I just tried it - I’m on the first gen. of a Differences in the Family Tree challenge so gardening is crucial! It worked for the plants I put back into an ordinary garden planter but not for those I put back into the open ground. I foresee hours at the woodworking bench for my Sims...

That particular bug doesn’t seem to affect trees as obvs they don’t fit vertical planters so that wouldn’t help, but they suffer regularly from the other bug I mentioned of reverting to the newly-planted state, often overnight and at season changes. Haven’t found a workaround for that, it affects them whether they’re  in planters or in open ground.

It makes making a living for a first generation that isn’t allowed to get a career a real challenge! 

Message 6 of 28 (13,854 Views)

★ Guide
@cikafitz Just to add, the change didn’t last, the plants soon reverted to their pre-planting state. And this morning as my Sim stopped weeding, every single plant in his ‘farm’ - dozens of them - reverted to just planted state. Before they’d been harvested. Lost thousands of simoleons.
Message 7 of 28 (13,806 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@jpkarlsen wrote:

@cikafitz 

Unfortunately, there's also a bug with the vertical garden in that the plants won't evolve when planted there. Frown

Message 8 of 28 (13,775 Views)

★★★★ Novice

There is also a problem with the vertical garden. For some reason plants keep reverting to seeds. Randomly, and my sheltered plants just dissappear randomly. As sheltered plants that makes no sense, and it does it when there is no season change. The gardening part of this was RUINED. They need to patch this ASAP. 

Message 9 of 28 (13,732 Views)

★ Guide

unless u have a different sparkling, it should be the evolve sparkle, the sparkling on the wild plants and trees have always been there since the beginning of the game, its showing it can evolve but they didnt program our sims to evolve the wild plants, and when u do spot that npc gardener tending them i dont think he evolves them as well.

But the sage and other plants i have that too, i dont have eco life installed,nor cc, its from the june patch converting the base game plants into the eco life format,,thus resetting them.

Unfortunately, its ea, a release to public and test during play company

Message 10 of 28 (13,691 Views)