Re: Gardening bugs with Eco-Lifestyle

by EA_Lanna

Original Post

Hero
Moving this discussion over to General Discussion.

There are a few bugs currently being reported (please me to if you have)

- https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Bushes-shrink-after-harvesting/td-p/9168505
- https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-ECO-Cannot-Weed-Vertical-Garden-Plants/td-p/918074...
- https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/UNSURE-Plants-change-quality-on-their-own-evolve-on-their-own/... (not sure if bug or intentional)
- https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-EL-Can-t-Evolve-Plants-In-Vertical-Garden/td-p/917...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 21 of 28 (2,136 Views)

★★★ Novice

I found if I harvest the plants first then I can evolve them, but I have all plants reverting back to plant stage each time the eco stage changes

Message 22 of 28 (2,013 Views)

★ Apprentice

I'm having the same problem. I'm trying to play a decade challenge and found out about it. I also discovered that the cow plate does the same thing but it will still be fully grown just look like it's in the non-grown stage. It needed a feeding and I had sent my sim to feed it and while he was walking over to it the plant reverted to the beginning stage of growth but I still had the option to feed, play and pet it. I don't know why there are soooo may bugs with this new expansion. It makes the game just about unplayable. I actually think I am done playing it until they fix the bugs. With the gardening bugs, toddler bugs, and the sim eating bug I have had enough for now. I have plenty of other game I have been neglecting while I play this that I guess will have to do for now.

Message 23 of 28 (1,968 Views)

★ Apprentice

I had the same problem. I set my lot to private after a while, but then I had a big fire and when I tried to call for help the firefighters wouldn't show so it just got even worse and I had to send my sims in again.

Message 24 of 28 (1,967 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Am also having all these issues with plants. Can't evolve on the vertical planters, plants glitch at random instances and "devolve" when i haven't had the chance to harvest or sell yet, plants get to perfect condition without me evolving them, as well items in the inventory seem to disappear after dumpster diving for them or moving from one lot to another - mainly the harvestables (for me). I'm only using MCCC and removed it and experienced the same problems.

Message 25 of 28 (1,919 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

major gardening issues with EL. I have a sim that has a botanist aspiration. One of the tasks is to take a cutting. He has taken three cuttings from the vertical garden and yet the task still shows as incomplete. I haven't tried taking a cutting from a regular planter yet but something tells me that that's not going to work either because of the multiple glitches I've been experiencing ever since installing EL. Another issue: when the zone loads, the plants in the regular planter resets to seedlings.  The quality remains the same (perfect) but the plants just restarts and has to grow back to its harvestable stage.

Message 26 of 28 (1,898 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I finally did the patching last night and got Eco. Let me start by saying all 4 of my families are have decent size gardens one or two have all the plants available and 90% at perfect already. I had to move a outside planter a little to try and put a vertical planter in place and my 4 plants in the normal planter all dropped to soil plots instantly. I shut my save down without saving due to this. 

Message 27 of 28 (1,815 Views)

Community Manager

Hi folks, 

There might be an active bug report thread opened for each of these bugs that's being tracked already. You can locate those by checking the "Compiled list of reported issues", as well as using the search function. If there isn't an active thread dedicated to each of the bugs you're experiencing, please go ahead and create a new bug report per each individual bug over on our Bug Report Board. That way, we can track things easier and provide relevant info.

I'll lock this thread in the meantime. 

Thanks, 

EA_Lanna 

Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 28 of 28 (1,775 Views)