Re: Gardening bugs with Eco-Lifestyle

by Tkilroy36

Original Post

Champion (Retired)

@SassiLassi 

Actually they do evolve. The bug is that the evolve option do not disappear as it should. You can see that the glimmer around the plant do disappear.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 11 of 28 (1,785 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@Tkilroy36 

Wild plants sparkle when they can be harvested. There is nothing new in that.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 12 of 28 (1,785 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@cikafitz 

I have not seen any trees be affected by this bug. Do you have any Mods installed? Especially mods related to gardening. Or is the affected tree spliced with a normal plant?

Message 13 of 28 (1,780 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

I only have MCCC by Deaderpool and the folder was out of the game when I had this issue. So with or without the Mods the issue is there. Also, I have noticed that my sim has lost all record of Collections, it shows as he has not found anything despite the fact that he had collected all Artifacts from Selvadorada exploration also frogs, fish etc, well, all is blank now.

What is going on? I am so not pleased about this!

Message 14 of 28 (1,754 Views)

★ Guide

i have the sparkling on some wild plants for yrs now whether i harvest them or not needing to b harvest.

This plant is behind the Sultry Springside lot in oasis springs, thats why i always associated it with it needing to b evolved

Message 15 of 28 (1,741 Views)

★ Guide

@jpkarlsen wrote:

@cikafitz 

I have not seen any trees be affected by this bug. Do you have any Mods installed? Especially mods related to gardening. Or is the affected tree spliced with a normal plant?

My only mod is MC, which at least allows me to cheat the plants back to fully grown state so they can be harvested.

I played a test game without MC. It made no difference, some plants still reverted to pre-planted state once harvested and sometimes all plants reverted to just-planted. Both happened when the plants we’re outside and when they were sheltered.

I only have pear, plantain and cherry trees in my current game, none spliced - they revert to the just-planted state with everything else but don’t seem affected by the pre-planted effect.

I think the reverting to just-planted happens after coming out of build/buy but not every time, so I’m not sure.

Message 16 of 28 (1,732 Views)

★ Guide

the losing of collection happens 2 me all the time now when i move any sim into an existing household, the whole house resets with sims on front sidewalk and collections blank, i have to manually put all fish from tanks, items on shelves back into any sim's inventory, unfortunately, if a sim learned a fish like treefish thru conversation it no longer appears so they lose out

when did this problem start... back in oct 2019 when ea customer service told me to reinstall all packs when the seasons calendar was having that disappearing holiday glitch, which the reinstall didnt fix the glitch,they later released a patch in nov fixing the glitch. since 2014 never had problem merging,then reinstalled now have to live with it.

But back to your lost collection, if you did reinstall recently and moved a new sim into an existing household and it happened, then you probably have the same problem as me and have to put the items back in any sims inventory 

Message 17 of 28 (1,732 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Thank you for your reply, my sim did adopt two girls recently, so it might have been that and I had not noticed it before, it really annoys me a lot, not so much the frogs, fish and fosil rocks but the Selvadorada relics, he is an Archeologist and I was mighty proud that he had found all the so called "artifacts". Now he has to wait till his daughters grow to teenagers so they can all go together, oh well, same old story eh? bugs and things getting broken at every update.

The plants being messed are due to last update for Eco Living.

Message 18 of 28 (1,672 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I'm not sure who is replying to what in this thread by this point, but I wanted to state that wild plants used to sparkle for me when they were ready to harvest; they now sparkle without that.  I have never before seen them sparkle without being ready to harvest.  I have no mods of any kind installed and never have, so I am positive that is not at the root of any of these issues.  I have not had trees revert, but I do have trees evolve by themselves to a perfect state.

I think that's all the questions that might conceivably have been addressed at me.  Oh, and thanks for the info from whoever it was that this might actually be from the *patch* not the *expansion*.  That's useful.  (Well, it could be useful to EA.  For me it just means that I'd be in this situation even if I hadn't bought the expansion.)

I can't decide whether I'm happy that I'm not the only one having these problems or sad that so many other people are having problems...  At least I know I'm not crazy, so thanks y'all for that!

Message 19 of 28 (1,663 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I've just had a pomegranate tree turn to soil over night Frown

Message 20 of 28 (1,629 Views)