Re: Gaming desktop reccomendations

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

★★★★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict Again, thank you so much for taking the time to help me. I appreciate it very much.
So I’m deciding between the CyberPowerPC GM 99577 and the Lenovo Legion 5 (if I can find them available in my area) and I really loving the style of the Lenovo - Q27q-10 27" IPS LED QHD FreeSync Monitor.
Message 11 of 16 (437 Views)
Highlighted

@superfam04  Alright, let me know if you have any more questions.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 12 of 16 (419 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice
  • @puzzlezaddict hello! It’s me again! So sorry to bother you. I haven’t been able to find either one of the pc’s I wanted but I’m kinda glad because we recently got an oculus quest 2. So I’d like to add vr ready to my gaming pc. 

if you have any further recommendations for this, I’d greatly appreciate your input.  Here is what I have saved so far but I’m not sure. With the current sale, I can get the PC and Monitor for $1600 (tax included) Thanks in advance!

Message 13 of 16 (379 Views)

@superfam04  The Oculus Quest 2 doesn't really change things: the systems you were considering already supported it.  If you'd like more details, here are the minimum requirements:

https://support.oculus.com/444256562873335/

As you'll notice, the only components you really need are a fast new-ish graphics card and a USB 3 cable.

The monitor specs you've posted seem fine, although I can't tell you more without knowing the exact model attached to those specs.  Dell monitors are good quality overall, although many people (myself included) don't really like how their colors look.  But that's a matter of taste.

The computer itself is mostly fine too, and more than good enough for Sims 4.  However, without an SSD, other games you might want to play may load more slowly, perhaps much more slowly.  I'm not familiar with the Oculus, but it's possible that using one would exacerbate the issue.

If you want to keep the budget down, you could add a 128 GB SSD and buy and install second SSD yourself (maybe $50 for a 500 GB model) at some later date.  The reason to get at least a small SSD now is so that Windows is installed on it rather than on the HDD.  Or you could reinstall Windows and critical drivers on the SSD when you get it.

Message 14 of 16 (347 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

@puzzlezaddictgotcha. I upgraded the hard drive to include ssd so I hope this is more adequate. The model of the monitor is Dell 32 Curved Gaming Monitor - S3220DGF ... I remember you saying to stick with QHD.

Also just wanted you to know that you are awesome for helping us who are less knowledgeable in this regard. You are a lifesaver.

Message 15 of 16 (341 Views)

[ Edited ]

@superfam04  If you're satisfied with what you're buying, I think you're getting a good system.  Remember too that you can add more RAM or another hard drive after the fact, if you decide you need an upgrade.

Message 16 of 16 (1,260 Views)