Gaming PC Help

by katherinejean90

Original Post

Gaming PC Help

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Trying to find a new pc, So lost I have been looking and trying to get some good advice but i have been looking at cyberpowerpc.com. I have all the packs, and play a heavily modded and cc game. Is there anything i should add to this pc https://www.cyberpowerpc.com/system/Pro-Influencer-100   to make my game run at the best quality.

Open to other pc? Not very good with PCs

Message 1 of 4 (383 Views)

Re: Gaming PC Help

@katherinejean90  That's an excellent PC and, to be honest, over the top for Sims 4.  That doesn't mean it isn't worth the money under certain circumstances; the question is what your goals are for this computer.  By that I don't just mean playing Sims 4 but being able to run other games or upgrade the system down the line.

I would guess you could probably configure something cheaper with pretty much the same components on the Cyberpower website, or perhaps on another similar site, but I haven't looked closely in a few months, and prices are definitely high for good hardware these days.  If you'd like me to look specifically at other custom builds, let me know.

With the current system, the only change I would strongly recommend is getting a better quality power supply.  The current designation essentially means "whatever Cyberpower has on the shelf that it can't sell and is at least 800W and gold-rated."  That might sound good, but I'd rather have a bronze-rated Corsair PSU than a gold-rated model from most other suppliers.  (I wouldn't go with the Thermaltake options either.)  You also don't need anywhere near 800 watts for this build: 600W should be fine even if you get a factory-overclocked graphics card.  But if you plan on upgrading the GPU later, 750W may be a better choice.

The other change I'd personally make is going with a single 1 TB SSD rather than the dual-drive setup.  For Sims 4 and regular use, that's more storage than you'd likely ever need, and it's convenient to not have to manage two drives.  But again, if you have other plans for this system, maybe you want the extra space.

If you have more questions in general, please feel free to ask.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 4 (367 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@puzzlezaddict wrote:

@katherinejean90  That's an excellent PC and, to be honest, over the top for Sims 4.  That doesn't mean it isn't worth the money under certain circumstances; the question is what your goals are for this computer.  By that I don't just mean playing Sims 4 but being able to run other games or upgrade the system down the line.

I would guess you could probably configure something cheaper with pretty much the same components on the Cyberpower website, or perhaps on another similar site, but I haven't looked closely in a few months, and prices are definitely high for good hardware these days.  If you'd like me to look specifically at other custom builds, let me know.

With the current system, the only change I would strongly recommend is getting a better quality power supply.  The current designation essentially means "whatever Cyberpower has on the shelf that it can't sell and is at least 800W and gold-rated."  That might sound good, but I'd rather have a bronze-rated Corsair PSU than a gold-rated model from most other suppliers.  (I wouldn't go with the Thermaltake options either.)  You also don't need anywhere near 800 watts for this build: 600W should be fine even if you get a factory-overclocked graphics card.  But if you plan on upgrading the GPU later, 750W may be a better choice.

The other change I'd personally make is going with a single 1 TB SSD rather than the dual-drive setup.  For Sims 4 and regular use, that's more storage than you'd likely ever need, and it's convenient to not have to manage two drives.  But again, if you have other plans for this system, maybe you want the extra space.

If you have more questions in general, please feel free to ask.

Thank you for your reply, I don't play any other games I guess for the simple fact that my all-in-one PC barley makes it running with The Sims 4 with all the CC and Mods it takes a bout and hour to load up the game Lol. I guess I would like to have something I could upgrade in the future. But for right now I just need something to run my game at high quality. If i can do a custom built on a budget im hoping to spend no more that around $1,800 cause I still have to factor in a monitor and things like that. Or if i can get a pre built that's a good quality and has the components I need. Iam open to both. Again thanks for your help

Message 3 of 4 (303 Views)

@katherinejean90  I went over the Cyberpower site and found two models that are a little over $1,600 with the same configuration I recommended before.  I left in the 3060 because although it's massive overkill for Sims 4, it's worth paying the extra $40 over a 2060, and with your budget, you definitely don't need to drop down to a 1650.  The 6700XT is faster, but you won't need that kind of speed.

The processor is more than strong enough to drive a 3080 when gaming at 2560x1440, according to someone I know who has a 3080 and a slightly slower CPU.  You could upgrade it, but you'd never see any benefit until and unless you bought some beast of a GPU in several years, and at that point, an 19-11900K would probably be cheaper than what Cyberpower is charging now.  So there's not much point in upgrading right now.

The only meaningful difference between these two is the choice in cases, and since I don't know your taste, I figured I'd post both.

http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/saved/1PDPFK

http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/saved/1PDPHN

If you have questions about any particular component, please feel free to ask.  And of course these configurations can be adjusted to your liking.

I also saw a notice that if I used the promo code NORUSH at checkout, I'd get 5% off.

To be clear, you could save money on a prebuild, and perhaps a lot of money, by getting a prebuild.  As an example, this one has a 2060, which is perfectly fine for Sims 4, even at high framerates on ultra settings:

https://www.cyberpowerpc.com/system/Gaming-Instant-Ship-GM-99598

Its motherboard has a socket that supports up to a 5th-gen AMD CPU, and the 5600X will likely be under $200 once the chip shortage clears up.  So if and when you needed an upgrade, which wouldn't be now, you'd be saving money overall.

This one has that 5600X and a 3060, but it's only available for pre-order:

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1628580-REG/cyberpowerpc_gma9100cpgv3_gma_ryzen_5_5600x.html

Still, you might not mind waiting, considering you'd need to wait for the custom build anyway.  The motherboard should be fine if not top-tier; the power supply may not be great, but it's not going to be terrible.

I did look for similar options that are currently in stock, but pickings are slim.  Everything is either sold out or back-ordered, which isn't a surprise: a lot of people are giving up on buying graphics cards and simply ordering a prebuilt PC.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 4 of 4 (291 Views)