Game keeps asking if I want to reset UI Scaling

by AlHollandiyah

Original Post

Game keeps asking if I want to reset UI Scaling

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

I have my UI scaling set to 130 because that fits exactly 4 university classes in the maximum size of it's window, even though it makes the font quite small. I did this in the options file, as I have done so previously before the setting was put in the settings window in game.

However, that value of 130 is in the red zone according to the settings, and therefore every single time I launch my game I get asked if I want to reset UI Scaling, with the answer yes marked as recommended. I added a screenshot of it.

I understand that an advice is given because of certain calculations, but I would like to ask if it is possible to be made a one time only question! Because if you click 'Keep these settings' it should remember that apparently that is your preference and not ask it again. Thank you very much for considering!

Screenshot.png

Message 1 of 14 (5,556 Views)

Re: Game keeps asking if I want to reset UI Scaling

Champion (Retired)

@AlHollandiyah 
Hello  *waves*

Under accessibility options in game do you have "Auto Scale with OS" ticked?
If you have not done so already try unticking that option.
That should make a difference.

UI Options

- EQ Avid Sims Player
#EQCreations
I do not work for EA
All packs installed and patches are current.
PC / Win 10
Never used CC or mods.

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations
Message 2 of 14 (5,540 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

I checked it and that option was indeed still turned on. So I unchecked it, closed the game and launched it again, but that doesn't make the question go away. I think somewhere someone made a calculation of what is too small or too big, and put that question on it. Which I understand, and I think it's good to give people a chance to test something and back out if it isn't looking very good. Once. But not at every launch IMHO.

On a sidenote, I would also like very much for that UI setting slider to have a number. Right now the only way for me to set it is by closing the game and editing Options.ini directly, because I am a OCD-ish type of person that would hate to have it slide somewhere to 127.235462. I want it to be exact! It also makes for easier tweaking if you are testing out what UI scale you need for your university sim to be able to overview all 4 classes at once, because that scrollbar annoys me. And now I was able to test it in steps of 5 to see what te smallest number was that made it fit.

Message 3 of 14 (5,534 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Well shoot I was hoping that was the answer.
I am totally understanding the exact measures thing. My 'perfect' resolution height width cannot be odd numbers but must be exact.
Maybe someone else has a better solution for a more permanent fix.  

- EQ Avid Sims Player
#EQCreations
I do not work for EA
All packs installed and patches are current.
PC / Win 10
Never used CC or mods.

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations
Message 4 of 14 (5,528 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

It was surely worth a try. I think the devs need to look into this case, and if they can and want to, add it to their to do list for a future update.

Edit: Apparently it also gets asked every time I go "exit to main menu", not only at the launch of the game. Annoying.

Message 5 of 14 (5,518 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@EuphorialQueen This option is not allowed for me, I can't click on it.
Message 6 of 14 (2,060 Views)

Hero
@3705376 Do you also constantly get the message ? Is the option greyed out for you (assuming you mean the autoscale)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 7 of 14 (2,030 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Omg im glad im not the only one. But it freezes when when I pick a choice though, like i have to reset the game all the time😭

Message 8 of 14 (862 Views)

Hero
@MarsPlanetery Are you using mods/cc ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 9 of 14 (854 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Yes but I don't know which ones to uninstall

Message 10 of 14 (846 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help