Re: Game crashes with all updated mods - Mac - Big Sur last version

by Psychotps

Original Post

Game crashes with all updated mods - Mac - Big Sur last version

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Hi all, 

I've had this issue for more than a year; the game crashes immediately or after 5, 10, 15, 30 mins or more.

I constantly update my mods folder ( because I download them only from Patreon), clean cache, local thumb, and avatar, uninstall and install the game and origin, repair it, etc. I've done it all, even contacting Apple thinking that my MacBook pro with Big Sur 11.2.3 might have an issue, but apparently, everything is fine. And if you are guessing to try to play without mods, I've done it, but I don't like it, and I won't play it! 

Anyway, I've also been in contact with Discord with all the modders to find out a solution, they help me with mods, but they don't know how to help me out with scripts. Here the MCCC file where you can see under Full Error stack the scripts.

Can please someone help me out? thank you so much!

Message 1 of 17 (736 Views)

@bbescapist

Moved from the Mac tech forum for better advice in the General Discussion forum. Your issue isn't Mac related but Mod related. Maybe someone with Mod experience can help you here Standard smile

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 2 of 17 (720 Views)

★ Apprentice
@Bluebellflora thanks!
Message 3 of 17 (698 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

@bbescapist

Well, personally, I can't tell anything. Most of the LE sections are closed and what little is showing is cut off on the right.

If the game is crashing, you likely have a bad mod. You'll need to go through them to find out which one. Noone can tell you what mod's broken because noone but you knows what's on your computer. You'll have to find it yourself. There is lots of documentation describing how to go through your mods. It's a pain but if you want to fix it...

FYI... Just because you got them off Patreon doesn't make a mod "good", it just means you paid for a bad mod.

Check with this forum...

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/mods

LuthienRising will post a thread every time the game updates and list what mods broke with each.  It's not the end-all list of broken mods... but it's a darn good place to start.

Message 4 of 17 (690 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@Psychotpsthank you so much! I know that a mod needs to be updated to be good, but with Patreon modders, I'm more sure that they are keeping on the job. I'm also using the Sims studio app and the Sims mod assistant to check them, and apparently, as I said before, through Discord, mods are updated. I've done what they called the 50/50 job, which means isolate each mods folder to see if there're mods broken, and it seems good.

p.s. majority of the issues are gameplay scripts

Message 5 of 17 (682 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@bbescapist You may want to remove that LE. It references a mod that can't be discussed here...
Message 6 of 17 (676 Views)

★ Apprentice
@Psychotps it's the one linked with vacum cleaner, lol? I already contact the modder and they said that I need to be patient about it, but I cannot play the game...
Message 7 of 17 (673 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

@bbescapist

There are several modders I know of off-hand that insist of charging for mods that are total garbage. Turbodriver isn't one of them though. His stuff is usually very good.

Personally, if someone insists on charging for a mod and won't release it to the public, I NEVER use them. I'm more likely to trust them if they put it out for free. No ulterior motives there.

Scripts ARE far more likely to cause crashes as they mess with the core programming of the game. Personally all my dozen mods I've made are all tuning file mods and aren't very likely to even cause LE's, let alone crashes.

It would help to organize the mods in your mods folder by type. Keep CC in one place as they rarely cause LE's or crashes. Keep tuning and script mods in another location as they almost ALWAYS cause problems in updates.

If its been a while since you went through them, I would remove ALL your mods (not CC), and go through each one, one-by-one. Check with that website I posted to see if any are known for problems.

If you have a mod that isn't showing as having been updated in a while, it may have been abandoned, and I'd remove it for good. Find a replacement. Good thing about Sims 4 modders, there are MANY and most things have several different mods doing the same thing. A lot of the better ones are usually picked up by someone else and may be updated somewhere else. Ask about those in that forum I posted. Someone will answer.

The problem with LE's is most of the time, it doesn't tell you what mod is breaking. Just what broke. It's like trying to figure out who set a fire by looking at the smoke rising. Can't be done. It can point you in the right direction though. Since the LE mainly references Vacuums it's likely to be a mod that changes that... but could be a lot of things.

If you have a bad mod, you'll just have to do without it.  It's sad but it happens. There was a mod called "San MyShuno: Become Human" that I REALLY liked. But it was abandoned by the author. I offered to take over support of the mod, but she declined and was never heard from again. I had to remove it and haven't used it since. Bummer.

Message 8 of 17 (659 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@PsychotpsOk, this morning I've been in touch with Apple to see if maybe there's an error on my Mac. I initialized the Mac, then install again Mac OS Big Sur, but I'm having the same issue and I added here the screenshot of it. 

Message 9 of 17 (614 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@bbescapist Well, I'm an IBM PC person so I don't know Mac errors, but that looks like the program(mod?) tried writing to a location in memory it wasn't supposed to.

Does it happen without mods? I would try that to be sure. Remove all your mods. ALL of them, CC and all. Start a whole new game (so you don't mess up your good world), and putt around for a while and see if it crashes.

If it doesn't crash, there is nothing wrong with your OS or Sims. It's a mod problem and you'll just have to find out what.

If it STILL crashes, then it could be either a game installation problem (do a game repair?) or an OS problem.

If it was an OS problem, I would expect you'd be having problems with other games and applications...
Message 10 of 17 (606 Views)