Re: Game Not Counting Restaurant Tables As Dining Spots After Eco Lifestyle Inst

by Violetfey

Original Post

Game Not Counting Restaurant Tables As Dining Spots After Eco Lifestyle Install

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.136.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All packs except for: Tiny Living, My First Pet Stuff, Kids Room Stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I'm not sure.
What happens when the bug occurs? When I create a restaurant in-game, the game doesn’t recognize any EA (non cc) tables as counting for “dining spots”, even with mods removed.
What do you expect to see? I expect the number of dining spots to increase from 0/4 when I add tables.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I installed Eco Lifestyle 2 days ago.

When I create a restaurant in-game, the game doesn’t recognize any EA tables as counting for “dining spots”. If I place an EA table in a restaurant, the game acknowledges that it is placed because the price of the restaurant increases, but the “dining spot” remains 0/4. Any old restaurants that are already labeled as “completed” remain “completed” with whatever number of tables they had remaining the same (Ex: 7/4 dining spots). BUT as soon as I try to add an additional table, the game fails to count it and the dining spots remain the same.

I installed Eco Lifestyle and noticed this error that wasn't there before. All of the other build / buy requirements for a restaurant are able to be fulfilled in the game, except for the tables.

Message 1 of 5 (1,358 Views)

Re: Game Not Counting Restaurant Tables As Dining Spots After Eco Lifestyle Inst

Hero
@Violetfey I assume you also added chairs ?

Did you delete the localthumbcache file after removing mods ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 5 (1,334 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Hi, thanks for the reply. I didn't add chairs. Should I test that? And would it make any difference?

I also just deleted the localthumbcache file  and ran the game without the mods again to test, and the problem still persists. Even when I place basegame tables, it still says "dining spots 0/4".

Message 3 of 5 (1,306 Views)

Hero
@Violetfey yes, for a dining spot you need both a tables and at least one chair (or benches)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 5 (1,304 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Hi! So I added chairs / barstools to my tables, and the issue seemed to resolve itself. I tested this without mods. Just added my mods back and going to see if adding chairs will continue to fix the problem. Thanks!

Message 5 of 5 (1,252 Views)