Re: Game Ideas

by Psychotps

Original Post

Game Ideas

★★ Novice

I love the new packs EA has released but I wish you would release a farm or country themed pack with horses or cows with animals in that nature with interactions with tractors and more clothes like boots and hats. I think it would also be cool to release more supernatural characters maybe around halloween with werewolves and it would create a good story with the vampire pack. I also have seen someone suggest having a pack that has super heroes which could be interesting for gameplay and a villain just randomly appear and the super hero sim has to defeat it. Just some ideas that could be neat for this game. 

Message 1 of 18 (640 Views)

Champion

@CaitlynBri, my guess is that they have already started on a farm pack.Wink  It is hard to say how this will be developed with so many people working from home for safety reasonsDevil , but every other major pack theme that the majority of people have requested has been released already. And by having a farm pack they would be giving us something that hasn't been in any other version of the Sims (although there was a cow and chicken add-on that you could pay extra for in the Sims 3 Store online, but that wasn't part of any pack! ) But no other version of the Sims has had a full farming pack, so this would be a perfect combination of giving TS4 unique content while still giving players requested material! 

Also, right before Discover University was released, there was a Guru Garage Livestream where the developers were playing around with the game, and one of them came in late and when the others asked him why he was late he said, "Oh, I've been busy working down on the farm!" and then he stifled a grin! Raised eyebrowWink  Although this is just speculation , Gurus have been known to drop hints like that before! 

As I am someone who loves playing with Supernatural Sims, I also hope they add on Werewolves, Fairies, Zombies, etc. Standard smile  Werewolves or Zombies would make sense for the Fall/Halloween, and Fairies would make sense for release next Spring.  Of course, if they wanted to give us any of these at any time, I wouldn't complain! Large smile

A few people have requested a Superhero pack.  Though not as popular as the 2 themes we have mentioned above, a lot of people really love Superheroes and Villains. 

Also, a few months ago there was a poll that asked us if we would like our Sims to be able to own more than one home (like a vacation home), and if we were interested in our Sims running a hotel.  A lot of people have requested these things even before the poll, so it would surprise me if EA didn't make a pack about that!  They also asked in the poll if we were interested in winter sports like skiing, snowboarding, and ice fishing, to name a few of the many listed.  So a cold-weather vacation destination pack is also a possibility! Party hat

Happy Simmimg! Angel

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 2 of 18 (602 Views)

★★★ Pro

I hope they do add more supernatural packs like fairy's werewolves andd zombies I know they did this with the Sims 3. Unfortunately I had the Sims 3 on the Xbox 360 the Sims 4 is the first Sims game I have ever played on the PC everyone I knew had Sims 3 supernatural so I felt left out I hope it's something they will add.

Message 3 of 18 (580 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@Rachelharris31 Oh god, I REALLY hope they don't do another zombie one. The zombies in Sims 3 were severely annoying and you couldn't turn them off. It made going out after dark basically impossible all the time.
Message 4 of 18 (567 Views)

★★★ Pro

I didn't know that like I said I never had the Sims on a pc until the Sims 4 I saw my friends play the supernatural pack and it looked like fun but maybe if they did it for the Sims 4 you could have the option to turn it off but now that I think about it it would make the pack useless but I am hopeful for werewolves 👹.

Message 5 of 18 (558 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@Rachelharris31 Werewolves were fine. It's just the zombies. Every single night zombies would gather around your house waiting for you to come out and turn you. If you weren't paying attention when one of your family went outside after dark, you'd suddenly find yourself a zombie.

There was no way to turn it off either. Maybe if they toned it down and gave the option to disable them, it'd be better.
Message 6 of 18 (531 Views)

Champion

@Psychotps, I agree with you on the TS3 Zombies, as they were awful and not in a fun way! Disappointed  The TS2 Zombies however were a blast to play! Party hat  Therefore I'm not writing off all Zombies because of this. Wink

@Rachelharris31, yes, TS3 Supernatural was fun, but they crammed too many supernatural types into one package, so they weren't fleshed out.  TS4's supernatural packs (the Vampires GP and the Realm of Magic GP) are devoted to only one supernatural and all things pertaining to it, so I have enjoyed them more than the ones in the TS3's Supernatural pack.   So I seriously doubt  they would do a Supernatural pack for TS4, especially at this point.  As long as each supernatural type has its own GP, I will be happy.... because even though I love how the Mermaids look in Island Paradise, the fact that it isn't a Mermaid pack has made the Mermaids abilities not as extensive as those of Vampires and Spellcasters.  Thinking

Message 7 of 18 (508 Views)

★ Guide

I keep thinking it would have been nice if EA had decided to do dual game packs when it comes to occult. It would have taken Vampires longer to come out, but I think if they had released it as a two occult pack, rather than vampires battling each other you'd have vampire and werewolf pack. Cliche, but then you could really go into a turf war there. Magic Realm in turn could have been a dual release as a Fairy vs. Magic Caster pack. Those who are born and attuned with natural magic struggling with those who were not so much born with it, but instead found ways to control magic via items. Zombies... I think Strangerville as being a good enough equivalent for some reason.

Message 8 of 18 (496 Views)

★★★ Guide

As someone who grew up on a ranch, I’ve long since maxed out my voluntary interactions with cows — even simulated ones! LOL But I always dig the expressions of Simmer imaginations. Thanks for sharing!

🙃

Message 9 of 18 (494 Views)

Champion

@Player_jp5s5eav, that is an interesting idea! Raised eyebrow I don't think I ever heard of anyone suggesting dual supernatural packs like that. Thinking  
However, I'm glad that they focused on only one supernatural at a time, as we still would have watered down versions of each supernatural if they had done them 2 at a time. Frown  But I do like the idea of the Vampires and Werewolves being able to battle each other!  Perhaps if they make a Werewolves pack they will still consider this! Fingers crossed

Also, You make a good point on how the infected Sims from Strangerville act a lot like Zombies.  I never thought of the infected Sims from Strangerville as being Zombies (since they aren't rotting and they don't want brains, and they aren't' likely to infect another Sim unless your Sim is a Vampire and drinks from them (I learned the hard way, accidentally! ShockedLarge smile )  But they do walk a lot like Zombies and are pretty much empty headed (instead of brains they all focus on the Mother) , so you make a good point! Wink

Message 10 of 18 (491 Views)