Re: Game Extremely Laggy

by TGamez1

Original Post

Game Extremely Laggy

★★★★★ Novice

If this isn't the right place for this then please relocate.

But, I'm having issues with gameplay. I have lots of CC but none are broken or outdated as I routinely check my mods weekly. I even separated them into folders. For example, I only load in CC that I'm currently using while placing the unused CC in a folder on my desktop.

By checking the Mods properties it counts all of the CC in my Mods folder (including placing the unused CC back into the mods folder) to be 17,561 files and 139 folders totaling out to be 49.8 GB

The specs of my pc are as follow:

RAM- 16.0 GB (15.8 GB usuable)

Processor- Intel Core (TM) i7 CPU 2.60GHz 2.59 GHz

Message 1 of 6 (379 Views)

★ Guide

@PLN1993 Hi, have you tested your game without mods?  and is your game up to date with the recent patch?

Message 2 of 6 (362 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Yes, its updated to latest patch.

and yes i ve tested without mods and of course theres no problem at all. so i assume by it having so many mods that it slowed it down so therefore i only added mods that i currently play in my current household. the lot is however loaded with cc because its heavily decorated. but i thought my specs of my pc still shouldve been able to keep up with the mods

Message 3 of 6 (358 Views)

★ Guide

@PLN1993 It is true that alot of mods can slow it down. You can post your issue into Technical PC or MAC issues https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/ct-p/the-sims-4-en this link should take you to it, and leave a msg there for somebody with more technical advice will be able to help you.

Message 4 of 6 (354 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@TGamez1 ok thankssss
Message 5 of 6 (350 Views)

★ Guide

@PLN1993 No worries!  You can repair your game and delete the localthumbcache, see if this helps a little.  

Message 6 of 6 (346 Views)