Gallery misconduct

by KSsDesign

Original Post

Re: Gallery misconduct

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

I was not aware of the whole extent. I probably did not care too much about it. I work hard even on weekends and holidays. The game is a place for me where I can retire and relax after work. This disrespect and deception is very frustrating and I will be very happy if this problem has been corrected and the positive atmosphere in the gallery returns. Please excuse my poor english

Message 11 of 70 (1,168 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Thank you, KassSimsDesign,  for your hard work in bringing this so obvious cheating problem to EA and speaking for many of us!! I support your message and feel that EA should address this immediately. It has been going on too long now, and really makes honest creators feel cheated. I create and love for my sims and rooms, etc, to be appreciated, and am happy for my true downloads. But when I see someone come along and fake their downloads, it makes me not even want to play this game anymore. The Gallery use to be my stress-free zone, where I can create, play and socialize with like minded people. Please EA, stop the ABILITY TO CHEAT ON DOWNLOADS!! please?

Message 12 of 70 (1,138 Views)

★★ Guide

Thank you @KSsDesign for bringing this very serious concern to EA's attention here. I have been struggling for months watching many simmers abuse the gallery using this one disgustingly easy and terribly fraudulent trick in the gallery. The ability to add multiple DL's to any creation is in numerous ways a violation to the EA code of conduct in the gallery. Not only is it a violation of all people creating & playing in the gallery honestly it is simply the wrong thing to do. This one action is harmful even more so to the unsuspecting creator who is being violated by another who manipulates the download number of any creation, not just their own. Manipulating another's download total without their knowledge or consent is a new level of abuse and frustrates me even more! This should be unacceptable to anyone that has any connection to The Sims. Sadly, the people abusing this loophole in the download code will not stop. I actually report/flag the creations I see that are so obviously cheated yet week after week those same simmers are still in the gallery uploading and exploiting the creative gallery system we all love and respect. Reporting each suspected cheater will not help any longer. There are too many cheaters to list now. Bottom line, no one has the right to abuse any system, even a friendly gaming system. Please, the sims 4 gallery needs help immediately. This one action is changing the whole nature the gallery system was originally created to support. The popular now community section is riddled with cheating so EA is now unintentionally supporting fakes, frauds & cheaters when they are showcased in this section. Please also see that this problem has only gotten worse. It will not get better at this point without an official patch/fix/change to the gallery system. Please help all honest creative simmers in this beautiful gallery put the fun, fair play & respect back in the gallery. Thank you!

Message 13 of 70 (1,100 Views)

★ Apprentice

I'm with a lot of people. I don't really understand why people re-upload. It's just a pain for the original creator and it shows that the re-uploader seems jealous of the creation.

Message 14 of 70 (993 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Support!

Message 15 of 70 (986 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I fully agree with the OP. The gallery has become somewhat of a joke due to this. Please hear us and "make it go away" . It really is no fun and it certainly is not fair to anyone.

Message 16 of 70 (972 Views)

★ Guide

I think your plea of "Please hear us" is particularly apt--and poignant. EA has yet to make a positive

move or even statement confirming that they are acting on this. In fact, I have seen their representatives treat members who speak out about this loophole as the problem, themselves (shoot the messenger?). This is a very thoughtless way to respond--I'm sure their P.R. people would advise them of this, if their own common sense doesn't. If this thread is shut down rather than responded to in a positive, active and supportive way, I guess we will have to think about a more public place to air this problem. As I said before, I don't think the reps understand that many of us--who enjoy the game for fun and relaxation--actually work in media, law, finance and other visible professions. We are not all 10 years old and non-English speakers. 

Message 17 of 70 (968 Views)

★★★ Novice
i agree with everyone. first i didn't know what was going on but now i know and i really don't get that what great is to have fake popularity.. i honestly can say that i'm happy every new follower i have and DL&fav of course who wouldn't be but cheating or making others unhappy and sad and causing gallery's atmosphere tautly.. is it really worth it for popularity what isn't real? thank you Kass for doing so much work for ending this and i'm sure that our voices have been heared. if you ask me this isn't easy to Maxis fix this problem so lets help all how we can.
Have a nice week Maxis and everyone and forgive me for my bad english
Elisa
Message 18 of 70 (894 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Dear EA,

As a Sims 4 customer, I have a bought all the packs in Sims 4.  I love the game and the experience of creating and sharing with the gallery.  I have made many friends all over the world, Including Kass Sims Design via our shared love of the game and sharing creations in the gallery.  The support staff has been pretty good at creating fixes for various game bugs that I have reported in the past.  I commend them.  I do not like viewing the Gallery's popular now.  The Popular Now no longer is the most creative households, but instead are households that have their numbers inflated by cheating on downloads and/or skewed to those creators that have many followers. It is my understanding that  the cheating can be fixed through coding.  Please.  have your excellent support staff fix this problem. Thank you.

Message 19 of 70 (881 Views)

★ Guide

This is a great response and observation. Your description of "Popular Now" is absolutely accurate.

Message 20 of 70 (873 Views)